CNA Health Occupations Nurse Teacher
Company: Omaha Public Schools
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Job Title: Teacher, CNA Health Occupation Nurse Location: Career
Center (3215 Cuming St, Omaha NE 68131) Reports To: Program
Director Work Schedule/FLSA Status: per negotiated agreement /
Exempt Salary Schedule: As outlined in applicable negotiated
agreement Position Purpose: The CNA Health Occupation Nurse is
responsible for teaching the CNA course designed to meet the NE
Health and Human Services System training requirements for
Certified Nursing Assistants. This position plans for, teaches, and
facilitates learning for all students. Creates a positive learning
environment. Maintains academic progress, records, and discipline.
Works collaboratively with students, parents and staff to provide
and implement classroom education to meet the needs of all
students. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of RN licensure, Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- A valid NE Teaching Certificate or ability to obtain one with
an endorsement in Health Science or Career Certification.
- Demonstrated ability to train the requirements mandated by the
NE Health and Human Services System for certified nursing
assistants (CNA) and prepare students for employment in long term
- Demonstrated experience presenting course content which focuses
on teaching the nursing assistant to provide safe, effective and
caring service to the elderly and chronically ill in a long-term
- Excellent skills in science, math, communication, health and
social sciences are the foundation of the program.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Excellent communication skills oral and written.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Best Instructional
- Positive interpersonal skills.
- A demonstrated philosophy all students can and will learn.
- Professional verification of successful professional experience
and/or classroom teacher performance and/or student teaching
- Evidence of the willingness and the ability to comply with the
standards for ethical and professional performance established by
the State Board of Education and Department of Health and Human
- This individual will exhibit skills pertinent to foster
positive human relationships and the ability to work effectively
with students, staff, parents and the community.
- A willingness and demonstrated abilities conducive to a
continuous quest for quality education.
- Displays a significant degree of professionalism and
- Knowledge of OPS's mission, purpose, goals and the role of
every employee in achieving each of them. Essential Performance
- To teach CNA course and prepare students for employment in long
term care facilities.
- Administration of the state certification requirements to
ensure that the students successfully complete the state
application process and the state exam. Upon successful completion
of testing, student's names are placed on the aide registry with NE
Department of Health and Human Services Regulation and Licensure,
- Developing students' cognitive capacity and respect for
- Positively fostering students' self-esteem
- Working with and understanding a diverse student
- Integration of leadership, technology, and communication into
- Planning for and guiding the learning process to help students
achieve program objectives
- Maintaining a classroom atmosphere conducive to learning
- Implementing useful diagnostic and progress assessment
- Selecting and using effective instructional methods and
- Establishing a cooperative relationship with all assigned
- Maintaining open lines of communication with parents/
- Engaging in professional growth activities through an ongoing
program of job related knowledge and skill development
- Working collaboratively to achieve the overall purpose of the
school's program and support the District's vision, aims and
- Integrating of the themes of leadership, technology, and
communication with a diverse populationAdditional Duties Performs
other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central
office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Equipment: This position may require the ability to use SMART
boards and iPads in addition to basic office equipment such as
computers, copiers, scanners, and fax machine. Must always comply
with OPS's guidelines for equipment use. Travel: Limited travel may
be requested. Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards:
- Must be able to respond rapidly in emergency situations
- Must have organization, time management, communication, and
- Work in school building environmentsInterrelations:
- Contact with personnel within the district and other
- Will be working under the direct supervision of the building
administration in order to complete day to day tasks
- Will be working with a diverse population requiring the ability
to handle all situations with tact and diplomacy
- Must understand and respond appropriately to stakeholder needs
and maintain a positive attitude with all
- Expected to interact with all internal and external
stakeholders in a friendly, professional manner and provide quick,
responsive service Employee Punctuality and Appearance
- In order for schools to operate effectively, employees are
expected to perform all assigned duties and work all scheduled
hours during each designated workday, unless the employee has
received approved leave.
- Any deviation from assigned hours must have prior approval from
the employee's supervisor or building administrator.
- All employees are required to report to work dressed in a
manner that reflects a positive image of Omaha Public Schools and
is appropriate for their position. Terms of EmploymentThis position
is treated as a full-time exempt certified position. The terms of
your employment will be governed by applicable state laws
regulating employment or teaching in a Nebraska public school and
Board of Education policies, as those laws and policies may change
from time to time, and the Teacher Contract. If your position is
represented by a collective bargaining representative, then your
employment will also be governed by a negotiated agreement between
OPS and that collective bargaining representative. Terms of
employment are contingent upon:
- Verification of a valid Nebraska Teaching License or other
- A background check which demonstrates background is acceptable
for the position sought and working with or around students.
- Verification of U.S. Citizenship or legal authorization to work
in the United States.
- Successful completion of a tuberculosis skin test (if required
by federal law for your position).
- Execution and delivery to OPS of a Teacher Contract presented
by OPS. Omaha Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
marital status, sexual orientation, disability, age, genetic
information, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship
status, veteran status, political affiliation or economic status in
its programs, activities, employment, and provides equal access to
the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following
individual has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the
non-discrimination policies: Director for the Office of Equity and
Diversity, 3215 Cuming Street, Omaha, NE 68131. ) The Omaha Public
School District is committed to providing access and reasonable
accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and
employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability
accommodation in the application process please contact the human
resources department at .
Keywords: Omaha Public Schools, Omaha , CNA Health Occupations Nurse Teacher, Healthcare , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!