Pathologist Assistant - ASCP
Company: Nebraska Medicine
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we
are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to
our patients and their families. Please note that this position may
require an assessment after completion of the application. Please
plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)Pathologist Assistant
Position Highlights: Nebraska Medicine is now taking applications
for a talented individual to join us as a Pathologist Assistant.
This role will be great for someone that has a passion for
pathology and great customer service for our internal clients and
also the patients we serve. This specific position will work from
the Clarkson Town on the Nebraska Medicine main campus in Omaha,
NE. One must be ASCP certified for this role. (also known as:
Pathologist Assistant) We partner with our physicians, nurses and
other hospital staff to provide the best Serious Medicine and
Extraordinary Care available in the region. We are excited to have
Forbes Magazine recognize us in their list of American's top
employers and the best employer in Nebraska. Come join us!!
- Full Time and benefits eligible (1.0 FTE / 40 hours per
- Monday - Friday 1st shift + some weekends Why Nebraska
- Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and
include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution,
PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future
for all individuals and communities through premier educational
programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top
employers and the best employer in Nebraska Dissect and process
surgical pathology tissues in addition to autopsy cases. Educate
and train laboratory assistants, gross room technologists, and
pathology residents in surgical pathology and autopsy
- Bachelor's degree in pathologist assistant studies or
biological sciences required.
- Board Certified (or eligible with certification achieved within
12 months of hire) as a Pathology Assistant by the American Society
of Clinical Pathologists (PA (ASCP)) required.Preferred
- Progressive, successful experience assisting with surgical
pathology and/or autopsy pathology preferred.
- Master's degree in pathologist assistant studies preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful,
impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow
colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel
comfortable, confident and cared for.
Keywords: Nebraska Medicine, Omaha , Pathologist Assistant - ASCP, Healthcare , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!