Licensed Practical Nurse
Company: Developmental Disability Center of Nebraska
Posted on: May 6, 2021
DDCN is seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse experienced in Adult
Hab Wavier for a full-time position in Omaha office. Our busy
program works closely with the State of Nebraska Medicaid Waiver
(DD) to provide quality services to individuals with developmental
disabilities 18 and over. If you want to work in a dynamic and
fulfilling team environment then this job is for you! We offer a
competitive wage with increases and bonuses. We also offer health
benefits and paid time off. Job Responsibilities
- Communicates health/nursing needs and/or recommendations to
staff, other health providers and families.
- Coordinates hospital admissions, discharges, and follow-up as
- Checks program/service areas on a frequent but not less than a
quarterly basis to ensure the necessary medical/nursing supplies
are available and in ample supply.
- Assists on medical/health appointments as needed.
- Provides direct care services as needed within the treatment or
- Ensures the provisions of nursing/health services as outlined
in the state and federal regulations and divisional
- Ensures the provision of nursing/health services as ordered by
physicians and other health professionals/consultants.
- Ensures the provision of nursing services/programs as outlined
in the Service Plan.
- Ensures the provisions of needed adaptive equipment.
- Monitors individual health status through the provision of
general nursing services as outlined/ordered.
- Monitors incidents involving individuals, ensures incident
report is completed timely and accurately and examines the
- Ensures aggressive management of individual health needs when
indicated by adverse change in medical/health status of the
- Works closely with home/facility staff in consulting on
psychotropic medications, side effects, and planning agenda for
- Monitors height and weight of persons served.
- Administers and/or oversees medication/physical treatments as
ordered by the physician and provides assessment of adverse
- Reports pertinent information and changes in individual health
status to attending physician/ health professionals and to the Team
as needed in a timely manner.
- Screens ill individuals and refers to a physician if
- Orders, reviews, monitor, and discontinue medication as ordered
by physician. Dispose of unused medication per policy, reporting
- Assures that monthly Medication Administration Records (MAR's)
are in each individual's record.
- Reports possible communicable diseases or infections and works
closely with nursing staff and/or other health care professionals,
staff, and family in assessing and treating the situation.
- Ensures the routine documentation of individual health status
in nurse's notes.
- Transcribes or ensures the transcription of physician phone
orders and other medically related reports, prior to filing in the
individual's chart. Qualifications
- Current license in good standing with the State of Nebraska as
a registered nurse
- DD Wavier experience
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and written communication
- Committed to quality care
Keywords: Developmental Disability Center of Nebraska, Omaha , Licensed Practical Nurse, Healthcare , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!