Clinic Registered Nurse (RN) - Neurology
Company: Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Scheduel: 8 am to 4:30 pm. We are currently searching for a
Clinic RN who will prescribe, delegate and coordinate professional
nursing care to pediatric patients through the use of nursing
process and in accordance with hospital policy/procedure and
Clinical practice guidelines. Essential Functions
- Conducts holistic age-specific patient/family assessments upon
visit according to defined standards. Ongoing patient/family
- Assessments/reassessments are completed according to the
appropriate CPG or protocols and unit standard of care.
- Collects and documents data related to patient s physical,
mental, developmental, emotional and social condition.
- Demonstrates age-specific competency in assessment of patients
by the ability to obtain and interpret information in terms of the
patients needs, knowledge of growth and development, and
understanding the range of treatment needed by these patients.
- Assesses family expectations for, and involvement in the
assessment and continuous care or treatment of the patient.
- Able to meet families expectations during their visit to the
- Communicates plan of care to the patient/family so they can
- Able to identify/assess the need for MD involvement or a
potential change in plan of care.
- Ongoing patient/family assessments are completed according to
the appropriate CPG, protocol and unit standard of care.
- Documentation and evaluation of nursing actions
- Chart audits conducted meets JCAHO and organizational
expectations. Must meet overall goal of 95% (FER, Clinic problem
list, signatures, pain assessment etc).
- Facilitates timely communication to/from patient/family and
other healthcare disciplines; answers patient care related
questions, requests etc. Phone calls are returned in the same
business day received.
- Reviews patient charts as assigned to facilitate coordination
of care by assuring completion of tests, consultations and
procedures, interdisciplinary follow-up and referrals as needed for
the clinic visit.
- Follows up on tests, lab results, thoroughly and within
established time frames. Lab tests are followed up on within 48
hours after test results obtained.
- Considers cultural, cognitive, emotional, and social influences
on the patient/families ability and readiness to learn.
- All teaching is documented on the FER to include understanding
of topics taught. Provider Support
- Gathers patient information in a timely, concise, thorough
manner and conveys this to the MD.
- Assists MD in clinic to maintain a good workflow and meet
expectations of customers in relation to being on time.
- Demonstrates effective delegation techniques.
- Performs special tasks, procedures within the scope of practice
for an RN that is unique to Ambulatory Care clinics i.e. (database
entry, scheduling of special procedures, as well as assisting in
special procedures, inpatient role, case management, and
- Completes with expertise, timely, organized and with
- Communicates effectively through written documentation or
verbally to appropriate individuals.
- Coordinates patient care to ensure continuity of care.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma, Associates, or Bachelor s degree from an accredited
school of nursing required
- Minimum 1 year of RN experience required
- Experience with pediatric patients preferred
- Previous experience with EPIC preferred
- Current valid Nebraska RN license/RN compact license
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
required from the American Heart Association
- Other certifications/education as defined by area specific job
Keywords: Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha, Omaha , Clinic Registered Nurse (RN) - Neurology, Healthcare , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!