Health Information Management (HIM) Manager - HIM Department
Posted on: May 6, 2021
OrthoNebraska is currently seeking a Health Information
Management (HIM) Manager to lead and guide the Health Information
Management Department. The HIM Manager will utilize their knowledge
of HIM standards/guidelines, privacy and leadership in the core
values of the organization to ensure the team meets the expected
level of performance. If you think this may be a fit for you, apply
today! What you would do in this role:
- Direct ongoing programs for staff development, such as hiring,
training, scheduling, modify work standards, documentation, regular
communication with staff.
- Serve as information privacy consultant to the organization and
- Inform and educate appropriate staff on policies, procedures,
and expectations regarding medical records.
- Establishes, implements, and maintains a formalized review
process for HIM compliance. Serve as a resource on coding standards
- Conduct ongoing audits/reviews of medical records as
- Identify opportunities for improvement in compliance with
established medical record procedures/standards and in
documentation in the records.
- Monitor quality and production of HIM staff, provide ongoing
feedback, coaching, and education as appropriate.
- Provide a key role in performance improvement initiatives
within the department and organization.
- Serve a resource for the organization as related to HIM topics,
such as legislation and accreditation standards.
- Provide medical transcription services to hospital physicians
and additional appropriate staff.
- Develop and oversee business systems and work with information
technology to ensure timely and accurate implementation.
- Monitor daily operating activity of department and make
necessary adjustments in work assignments.
- Develop yearly and ongoing business plans.
- Approve, coordinate, and support fiscal budgets for each unit.
Here's what makes for an ideal candidate:
- Bachelor's degree in health information management or
health-related field preferred.
- National level accreditation or certification in HIM, such as
RHIA, RHIT, or CCS
- Certificate in Coding including CPT and ICD-10 preferred
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in health information
- 3 years of management experience in a healthcare
- Understanding of HIPAA and PHI regulations, medical records
principles, and procedure required.
- Experience in Billing Facility and Professional Fees, Insurance
Follow Up and General Revenue Cycle Knowledge preferred.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of legislative actions and
decisions regarding medical records, data management skills.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with team and others
throughout the organization. Thank you for your interest in our
company! Due to the number of applications we receive, we aren't
able to give status updates, but if you are invited for an
interview, you will generally be contacted within 2 weeks of
submitting your application
Keywords: OrthoNebraska, Omaha , Health Information Management (HIM) Manager - HIM Department, Healthcare , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!