Administrative Support Specialist - Nebraska Behavioral Health
Company: Heartland Family Service
Posted on: May 6, 2021
At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a
culture that is trauma informed and values and celebrates diversity
and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery
and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various
experiences and uniqueness to the workplace. Trauma Informed Care
is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that
recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the
role that trauma has played in their lives. Trauma Informed Care
also acknowledges the effects of working with trauma survivors on
our workforce, and seeks to build collaborative and supportive
working environments and relationships. If you believe in our
mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a
fast pace, collaborative and team oriented environment, then
Heartland Family Service is the agency for you. SUMMARY DESCRIPTION
OF WORK Performs skilled duties of a broad nature which includes
support services and intake services. This position requires one to
two evenings per week.Assignments may entail a wide knowledge base,
decision-making, problem solving, initiative, and the ability to be
flexible with scheduling. Duties will include serving as first
point of contact for clients and visitors of the office. Work
Schedule: M-F 8:30-8 PM, evenings/nights required Essential Duties
- *Completes screening and intake process for all incoming
clients and client calls for appropriate type of HFS program and
services, enters and manages client data into agency's Electronic
- *Provides crisis intervention and problem-solving assistance to
client callers or walk-in clients.
- Schedules client appointments within Nebraska Behavioral Health
- Maintains service statistics, analyzes data, and prepares
- *Completes the pre-authorization process and establishes client
fees for services.
- Assist in talking to clients about barriers in treatment
through the use of assessment tools Ex. Barriers Assessments
- *Client File Management, to include opening, closing and
maintaining client files, transfers and requests for
- *Provides internal and external referrals to help address
- *Provides educational outreach services to assist with client
- *Conducts client appointment reminder phone calls.
- *Maintains organized reception area and opens and/or closes
- *Performs reception duties, accurately takes messages and gives
appropriate directions to clients and general public; assists all
visitors, clients, and staff in processing their inquiries.
- *Responsible for performing support staff duties and
responsibilities which include but are not limited to typing,
filing, and support for non-behavioral health programs.
- informs supervisor of any developing patterns concerning their
- *Is dependable and punctual regarding scheduling and
- Displays a courteous and caring attitude at all times to the
clientele, volunteers, and visitors of the Agency.
- Cooperates and collaborates with agency and collateral
- Abides by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies,
- Develops personal and program related skills through
participation in internal and external training opportunities
including printed material and audio and/or visual media.
- Creates, maintains and shares as appropriate a dynamic
- Strives to make connections between the agency and the larger
community whenever possible in order to contribute to the agency's
ongoing fundraising and friend-raising efforts.
- Performs other program related duties as assigned.
- Essential functions of this job are to be performed on company
physical work site. * DENOTES ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS MINIMUM
- Bachelor's Degree in Counseling, Social Work, or related field
- Two years' experience preferred
- Prefer proficiency in MS Word
- Must be willing to work two out of four evenings per week
(Mon-Thurs) until close.
- Bilingual-Spanish speaking abilities (preferred) COMPETENCIES
Adaptability- Demonstrates flexibility in the face of change.
projects a positive demeanor and has the ability to manage multiple
conflicting priorities without loss of composure. Organization Time
Management: Determines the appropriate allocation of time. Task
Management: Balances conflicting priorities in order to manage
workflow, ensure the completion of essential projects, and meet
critical deadlines. Communication Skills-Understands that the most
important aspect of communication is the act of listening and
actively works to improve those skills. Speaks with confidence
using clear, concise sentences and is easily understood. Produces
well thought-out, professional correspondence to project a positive
image of the business. Customer Service- Interacts professionally
with clients and associates at all times. Promptly responds to
requests with accuracy and a courteous demeanor. Team Player- Works
as a competent member of the team, willingly providing back-up
support for co-workers when appropriate and actively supporting
group goals. Judgment- Exhibits sound judgment and the ability to
make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction. Swiftly
refers problems/issues to the appropriate person(s) when necessary.
Works effectively without constant and direct supervision or
guidance. Proactive/Resourceful-Demonstrates the ability to foresee
problems and prevent them by taking action. Utilizes analytical
skills and a broad understanding of the business to effectively
interpret and anticipate needs. AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY
SPECIFICATIONS PHYSICAL DEMANDS (The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions). While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to
stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects,
tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs;
balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or
smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT (Work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions). While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in
the work environment is usually moderate.
Keywords: Heartland Family Service, Omaha , Administrative Support Specialist - Nebraska Behavioral Health, Healthcare , Papillion, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!