LPN Private Duty $2500 Hire Bonus; PT, 24hrs, Nights
Company: Children's Hospital & Medical Center
Posted on: November 22, 2021
$2500 Hire Bonus; PT, 24hrs, Nights (bonus external candidates
only)We're searching for a LPN Private Duty, provides direct and
indirect nursing care under the direction of an RN, in a
professional manner based on the Physician Plan of Treatment and
nursing care plan, reinforce understanding of treatment regime and
ability to perform cares and provides ongoing education to patient
and caregivers using an individualized approach in delivery style
and provides updates to the RN.Essential Functions
- Provides direct and indirect nursing care under the direction
of an RN, in a professional manner based on the Physician Plan of
Treatment and nursing care plan :
- Delivers nursing care based on Physician Plan of Treatment,
company policy and changes in child's condition and communicates
changes to appropriate persons (Physician, family, Nursing
supervisors ) as indicated
- Performs and carries out cares and treatments according to
physician orders, company policies and procedures under the
direction of the RN.
- Demonstrates clinical competence in administering cares
according to physician orders, nursing care plan and policies.
- Monitors and documents response to pain, cares, treatments and
medications and evaluates outcomes of care provided, adjusting care
process as indicated.
- Implements nursing actions as directed by the RN in accordance
with the plan of care and with respect for the individualized needs
of the child/family by incorporating child's and/or caregivers
preferences into care.
- Provides the RN with input on individualized, accurate
assessment of developmental, cognitive, cultural, psychosocial,
spiritual, family influences and physical/medical needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate care for all children
- Reinforces understanding of treatment regime and ability to
perform cares and provides ongoing education to patient and
caregivers using an individualized approach in delivery style and
provides updates to the RN.
- Demonstrates age-specific competency of patient with the
ability to obtain and interpret information in terms of patient
needs, knowledge, growth and development, and understanding the
range of treatment needed by the patient and provides updates to
- Knows emergency preparedness plan and responds appropriately in
crisis situations and/or life-threatening emergencies.
- Documentation reflects accurate patient progress and patient's
response to therapy, changes in conditions, and therapeutic
- All charting is completed per policy to reflect accurate care
during visit/shift on proper forms, according to internal and
external regulatory requirements and Physicians orders.
- Receives complete report from previous
caregiver/parents/guardians prior to administering care and
documents per policy.
- Reviews current orders with caregiver/parents/guardians during
visit or report to ensure that computerized current orders are
- Completes, verifies, and documents new Physicians orders on
appropriate forms and notifies Nursing Supervisor per policy.
- Provides RN with input of patient assessment for updating care
plan.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to perform a variety of duties, often changing
from one task to another of a different nature, without loss of
efficiency or composure, and be able to perform under stressful
conditions when confronted with multiple requests, demonstrating
prioritizing skills.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree from an accredited college or university in
- Minimum one year nursing experience required.
- Experience with pediatric patients preferred.
- Experience in the home care environment
- Current and valid Nebraska LPN license/LPN Compact License
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American
Heart Association is required.EOE/Vets/DisabledIND123ref 8714About
Children's HospitalWhen you work at Children's, you're part of a
treasured place of healing in the Omaha community-and beyond. Join
our team of highly engaged, caring professionals who believe deeply
in the organization's mission-to improve the life of every child.
We support equity, diversity and inclusion, and as you apply your
skills and expertise to helping children, you too will have
opportunities to grow your career. In 2021, we'll open the new
Hubbard Center for Children, tripling our capacity to serve
children.When children are your everything, anything can be---
Keywords: Children's Hospital & Medical Center, Omaha , LPN Private Duty $2500 Hire Bonus; PT, 24hrs, Nights, Healthcare , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!