Immanuel Pathways Omaha - Primary RN - Full Time
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Overview:Immanuel is seeking a Primary RN to be a part of our
Pathways Center team in Omaha, Nebraska. This position works Monday
through Friday - no weekends/holidays and comes with a competitive
compensation and benefits package.
Immanuel's benefits package includes:Medical, dental, and visionPTO
- accruing from day one of employment2 Floating Holidays per
year401K with matchingEducation program - up to $5,250 per year for
education reimbursementPlus many more benefits!
The primary responsibilities of this job are to perform assessments
of participants as needed or on a regular basis to determine if and
when their health conditions or individual needs have changed.
Provide information to the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) to
determine any revisions to their respective plan of care. Monitors
participant's response to medical treatment plan and nursing
interventions, and revises plan of care as necessary. Reports and
records results of the nursing assessment, care rendered, and the
participant's response to care. Performs nursing care in the
clinic, in home or triage for the participants. Provides skilled
nursing care, treatments, and health education to participants in
their homes or center. Implements orders, develops appropriate
plans of care for participants. Coordinates plan of care with
appropriate community resources and Interdisciplinary Team (IDT).
Maintains the participant's medical record with thorough
documentation. Communicates participant's changes and progress to
IDT. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
70% Participant Care
Performs assessments of participants to determine their individual
needs and coordinates plan of care with care-giving resources.
Coordinates with the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) to develop plan
of care for each participant.
- Attends IDT meetings. Maintains regular attendance at, and
participates in meetings, communicates participant changes,
collaborates on plan of care decisions and coordination of 24-hour
- Performs semi-annual, change of condition, and/or annual
re-assessments of all Immanuel Pathways participants.
- Collaborates with PCP to coordinate medical care for
participants including but not limited to follow-up on diagnostics,
labs, outside appointments, and orders.
- Provides skilled supportive and restorative nursing care to
participants as ordered, re-evaluating their plan of care and
health status on an on-going basis.
- Provides health counseling to participants and their families
on an individual or group basis as needed.
- Monitors medication compliance, administers medications and
provides training in self-administration of all home meds as
- Maintains participants' medical record.
- Collaborates with other health care professionals and
caregivers regarding provision of participant's health care.
- Reviews participant's records, charts, and information
pertinent to participant care.
20% Staff Supervision
Performs orientation, initial and annual competencies for care
staff, as requested or assigned.
- Supervises performance of home care staff members and reports
results to In-Home Services Supervisor.
- Schedules LPN and Home Health Aide visits, as requested or
- Provides direction and monitoring or through nursing delegation
the provision of medications by unlicensed and/or licensed
- Performs competency on appropriate Participant Center and
In-Home staff as needed.
- Performs supervisory visits to Aides providing cares in the
- Follows all Immanuel Pathways policies and procedures and
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety
- Acts within the scope of his or her authority to practice.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all company procedures,
results, and information about participants, clients or
- Maintains safe working environment. Follows Immanuel Pathways
Safety policies and procedures.
- Implements Exposure Control Plan.
- Complies with Emergency Preparedness Plan.
- Uses proper lifting and push/pull techniques, uses gait belt
assistance on participant transfers as needed.
Performs other duties as required or requested.
- Participates in continuing education classes and any required
staff and training meetings.
- Maintains professional affiliations and any required
- Current Registered Nurses License, in the respective state in
which he/she is employed, is required.
- Bachelor of Science Nursing (BSN) preferred.Experience-
- Two (2) years of nursing experience in a hospital, nursing home
or community based setting; home health experience preferred.
- One (1) year of experience working with the frail or elderly
population required, or completion of job specific training related
to working with the elderly population must be completed within the
first six months of hire.
- One (1) year of supervisory experience, preferably in a
geriatric care setting, is preferred.Other Requirements-
- Must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and
up-to-date immunizations before having direct participant
- Must have a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and have
means of transportation.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Skills i.e. Health Care Level
Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR); Automated External
Defibrillator (AED); First Aide (FA).
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge base of health care problems of the frail
- Knowledge of home care services nursing principles and
practices, with particular reference to the elderly
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish
a safe working environment
- Skilled in written and oral communication.
- Skilled in decision making and critical thinking skills.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships with participants, medical staff, staff members and
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency
- Ability to foster collaborative working relationships.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently plan, prioritize and
follow-up on delegated responsibilities.
- Ability to oversee and monitor home care staff members.
- Ability to chart via Electronic Health Records
- Proven experience and basic computer proficiency (internet,
email, Microsoft Office)MPI500J
Keywords: Immanuel, Omaha , Immanuel Pathways Omaha - Primary RN - Full Time, Healthcare , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!