Phlebotomist / PT,20 hours Varied hours rotating weekends and Holidays
Company: Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha
Posted on: June 24, 2022
PT,20 hours Varied hours rotating weekends and Holidays Were
searching for a Phlebotomist, performs blood specimen collection,
point of care testing, sweat test collection and culture set up
according to standardized procedures. Assists physicians with bone
marrow collection and slide preparation as needed. Inventories and
stocks phlebotomy supplies. Utilizes the LIS for specimen
verification and collection. Essential Functions
- Obtains blood specimens from patients, using standardized
capillary or venipuncture procedures.
- Adheres to established safety procedures.
- Performs point-of-care testing including documentation of
quality control testing and troubleshooting as required to ensure
proper instrument function and assure accurate patient
- Collects specimens for sweat testing using standardized
- Assists with bone marrow examinations by preparing reagents and
supplies, maintains sterile field and prepares adequate diagnostic
- Processes specimens for microbiological culture using sterile
technique. Inoculates the proper and stores in the appropriate
location. Prepares smear for gram staining.
- Verifies and enters specimen collection times via LIS.
- Maintains inventory of phlebotomy supplies. Requests supplies
and stocks incoming inventory.
- Performs maintenance procedures and function checks on
laboratory equipment, to include safety equipment.
- Supports new staff in training as necessary.
- Participates throughout the year in proficiency testing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Requires ability to read and write
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Skill in performing capillary collection and veni-puncture
techniques. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Previous experience as a Phlebotomist preferred
- Current and valid Phlebotomist certification preferred.
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American
Heart Association is required within 6 months of hire.
EOE/Vets/Disabled Make a meaningful difference improving the lives
of children! At Childrens, the regions only full-service pediatric
healthcare center, our people make us the very best for kids. Come
cultivate your passion, purpose and professional development in an
environment of excellence and inclusion, where team members are
supported and deeply valued. Opportunities for career growth abound
as we grow our services and spaces, including the cutting-edge
Hubbard Center for Children. Join our highly engaged, caring
teamand join us in providing brighter, healthier tomorrows for the
children we serve.
Keywords: Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha, Omaha , Phlebotomist / PT,20 hours Varied hours rotating weekends and Holidays, Healthcare , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!