Med Surg Staff Nurse Weekender Program
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we
are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to
our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after
completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 -
30 minutes to complete this.
First Shift (United States of America)
RN -Weekender Program - Medical Surgical Bellevue (Days)
Provide, prescribe, delegate, and coordinate nursing care with
other health care providers to meet holistic care needs of a
designated group of patients. Environment of care may be long term,
emergent, critical, acute, interventional, or procedural
* Bachelor's degree in nursing (BSN) required unless candidate
meets all of the factors to qualify for Exception A or Exception
* Effective communication skills required.
* Ability to demonstrate initiative, teamwork and flexibility
* Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nebraska
or current compact state license required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification department
* For Emergency Department, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
certification within 6 months of hire or transfer date
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification within 6
months of hire or transfer date department dependent required.
* Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) OR Advanced Trauma Care for
Nurses (ATCN) within one year or hire or transfer date department
EXCEPTION A: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) has
current experience directly applicable to position; (2) is deemed
the best candidate for the position; and (3) written approval to
hire a candidate without a BSN is received from the hiring
Director, Nursing Practice Professional Development & Informatics
Executive Director and Chief Nursing Officer. If a candidate is
hired without a BSN after meeting these criteria, the candidate
must either have 30 years of experience directly applicable to the
position or sign a written agreement consenting to obtain a BSN
within four years from his/her hire date.
EXCEPTION B: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) is
currently employed by Nebraska Medicine, or is eligible for rehire
into a benefit eligible employment status at Nebraska Medicine
within 364 days of the previous termination date; (2) hired by
Nebraska Medicine before November 21, 2014, or hired by an entity
acquired by Nebraska Medicine if the employee was hired before the
acquisition; (3) has experience directly applicable to position;
and (4) currently hold a Registered Nursing License.
* Direct patient care experience preferred.
* Based on position, prior experience in one or more of the
following areas including cardiology, cardiac drip management,
critical care, emergency department, medical-surgical, obstetrics,
cardiovascular rehabilitation, telemetry, oncology, neonatal
intensive care, pediatric acute care, solid organ transplant, cath
lab, EP lab, quality assurance related to health care,
perioperative and special procedures in applicable nursing
specialty area preferred.
* Master's of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree preferred.
* Based on position, one or more of the following courses including
STABLE, smoking cessation counseling, basic critical care, or other
specialty training courses preferred.
* Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word,
PowerPoint, and Excel preferred.
* Proficient with use of email applications preferred.
* Proficient with use of departmental equipment and systems such as
patient care equipment, telecommunication systems, information
systems, pneumatic tube system, general patient care supplies, and
transport equipment preferred.
Nebraska Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, age, national
origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity and protected veterans' status.
Keywords: CareerLink, Omaha , Med Surg Staff Nurse Weekender Program, Healthcare , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!