Physician Asst Urgent Care
Company: Methodist Health System
Posted on: June 25, 2022
- Purpose of Job
- Provides primary health care for patients.
- Job Requirements
- Graduated from an accredited program for the education of
Physician Assistants approved by the Accreditation Review
Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA)
- Two years previous clinical experience required.
- Current, valid, and maintained Physician Assistant (PA) license
in the state working without restrictions required.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to effectively
communicate and interact with patients, family members, hospital
personnel, and co-workers.
- Ability to perform numerous tasks at once.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
- Physical Activity
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Distinguish colors
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Job Hazards
- Not Related:
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Rare (1%-3%):
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-Ray, Cat
Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared
and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or
photochemical means) NICU only
- Occasionally (34%-66%):
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors,
outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Frequent (67%-100%):
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Biological agents (primary air born & blood borne viruses)
(Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
- Provides primary health care for patients by utilizing the
process of assessment and diagnosis of health status, development
and implementation of treatment plans and follow-up and evaluation
plans of patient outcomes.
- Provides patient and family education regarding proper use of
medication and health/illness prevention to ensure adequate
knowledge/awareness by interviewing and advising specifically to
patient needs and recommending appropriate community
- Prepares prescription orders/inquiries/renewals to facilitate
patient care by writing orders for drugs and controlled substances
and relaying information to pharmacy.
- Administers medication and immunizations to ensure patient
health by injection, inhalation or oral methods.
- Perform patient consultations/physical exams to determine the
assigned patient's needs independently and under physician
direction. Includes obtaining patient medical history, checking
vital signs, performing tests relevant to patient condition and
- Obtain patient's medical and psychosocial history; perform
physical exam and determine patient's mental status.
- Collaborate with physicians and other clinical disciplines as
appropriate. Provide teaching and patient education specific to the
patient's health care problem.
- Order appropriate ancillary tests.
- Develops preliminary diagnosis to prescribe diagnostic and
therapeutic procedures by ordering appropriate laboratory tests,
interpreting data, and utilizing principles of prevention.
- Provides appropriate care specific to the age of the patient to
ensure understanding and comfort level of treatment as outlined in
the "Age Specific Criteria".
- Maintain a professional behavior in attitudes, demeanor, and
interactions to achieve organization's mission.
- Communicates effectively with physicians, staff and
- Is approachable and professional in working with other health
professionals, patients and their family.
- Maintains a professional appearance, behavior, and work
- Perform technical skills competently and independently to
assure patient safety.
- Is accountable to learn new skills and equipment within areas'
specifications and time frames.
- Evaluate patient care to determine response to
care/interventions for optimal patient outcome.
- Evaluate the patient's capabilities and/or limitations related
to nursing and medical interventions.
- Recognize and address patient and family capabilities and
limitations (physical and mental).
- Return patient telephone calls.
- Monitor outcomes and documents patient response to
- Performs telephone triage to determine patient special needs by
recording patient condition, providing appropriate consultation and
scheduling appointments when needed.
- Essential Functions II
- Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as
mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as
directed by management.
- Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values,
Employee Standards of Behavior and company
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Methodist Health System, Omaha , Physician Asst Urgent Care, Healthcare , Fremont, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!