Clinic LPN - Nephrology
Company: Children's Hospital & Medical Center
Posted on: June 25, 2022
$5,000 Sign on bonus!Schedule: Monday-Friday 8AM-4:30PM, NO
WEEKENDS/HOLIDAYSWe're searching for a Clinic LPN to deliver
professional nursing care in the specialty clinics, within the
scope of practice of an LPN, to pediatric patients using the
nursing process and clinical skills in accordance with hospital
policies, protocols, and procedures.
- Contributes to the direct individualized age-specific
patient/family assessments, according to defined nursing scope,
hospital policies, protocols, and practice standards.
- Adheres to hospital policies, protocols, and procedures.
Provides individual patient cares according to the plan of care and
provider orders. (*Individualized refers to the patient's
developmental, cognitive, cultural, psychosocial, spiritual and
education/family influences and physician/ medical care
- Contributes to the assessment of physical, mental, emotional,
developmental, and social conditions of all patients/families.
- Provides age-specific care and demonstrates competency in
assessment of patients.
- Contributes to establishing nursing diagnoses, which recognizes
the needs of the patient through the identification of signs and
- Provides patient/family education and considers cultural,
emotional, and social influences on the patient/family.
- Performs treatments, procedures, medication administration, and
other patient care in a safe, professional, and compassionate
- Promotes a team-based approach in the delivery of nursing
- Sets and revises priorities based on patient care needs,
patient/family/staff requests, other department demands/schedules,
utilizing available resources as necessary.
- Documentation is completed in an accurate and timely manner on
the appropriate forms and within the EMR.
- Documentation reflects assessment/evaluation, changes in
condition, therapeutic interventions/procedures, and patient's
response to therapy or interventions.
- Contributes to ensuring the After Visit Summary (AVS)
instructions clearly state patient care needs and meets The Joint
Commission (TJC) standards and organizational standards.
- Maintains environment of care for patient/family and
- Ensures patient room environment provides comfort, cleanliness,
safety of the patient/family throughout appointment.
- Prepares room environment for next clinic visit.
- Stocks clinic rooms with appropriate supplies as needed.
- Keeping hallways clear of equipment/obstructions, maintaining
patient medical records, stocking areas and clinic rooms, keeping
work areas clear of clutter, etc. Communicates clinic environment
needs to clinic leadership.
- Performs special tasks and procedures, within the scope of
practice for an LPN, unique to department specific needs and within
- Communicates effectively through written documentation or
verbally to appropriate individuals.
- Contributes to the coordination of patient care to ensure
continuity of care.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to perform a variety of duties, often changing
from one task to another of a different nature, without loss of
efficiency or composure, and be able to perform under stressful
conditions when confronted with multiple requests, demonstrating
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate from an accredited school or university as an LPN
- Previous pediatric nursing experience preferred.
- Current and valid LPN license for NE/IA depending on state of
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American
Heart Association is required.
- Current and valid Pediatric Emergency Assessment Recognition &
Stabilization (PEARS) required within 6-months of hire.
Make a meaningful difference improving the lives of children!
At Children's, the region's only full-service pediatric healthcare
center, our people make us the very best for kids. Come cultivate
your passion, purpose and professional development in an
environment of excellence and inclusion, where team members are
supported and deeply valued. Opportunities for career growth abound
as we grow our services and spaces, including the cutting-edge
Hubbard Center for Children. Join our highly engaged, caring
team-and join us in providing brighter, healthier tomorrows for the
children we serve.
Keywords: Children's Hospital & Medical Center, Omaha , Clinic LPN - Nephrology, Healthcare , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!