Staff RN Private Duty /Bonus $2500*;Part-time; 20hrs/nights
Company: Children's Hospital & Medical Center
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Part-time; 20hrs/days; Sign-on Bonus $2500We're searching for a
RN- Private Duty, Home Health, provides direct and indirect nursing
care in a professional manner based on the Physician Plan of
Treatment and the nursing care plan. Documentation reflects
accurate assessment/evaluation, modification, and patient's
response to therapy, changes in conditions, and therapeutic
- Provides direct and indirect nursing care in a professional
manner based on the Physician Plan of Treatment and the nursing
- Conducts an individualized, accurate assessment of
developmental, cognitive, cultural, psychosocial, spiritual, family
influences and physical/medical needs.
- Demonstrates clinical competence in administering cares
according physician orders, nursing care plan and policies.
- Performs and carries out cares and treatments according
physician orders, company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate care for infant, toddler,
preschool, school age and adolescent patients.
- Implements nursing actions in accordance with the plan of care
and with respect for child/family individualized needs by
incorporating child's and/or caregivers preferences into care.
- Assesses patient/caregivers for understanding of treatment
regime and ability to perform cares and provides ongoing education
to patient and caregivers using an individualized approach in
- Monitors and documents response to pain, cares, treatments and
medications and evaluates outcomes of care provided, adjusting care
process as indicated.
- Performs reassessments based on plan of treatment, company
policy and changes in child's condition and communicates changes to
appropriate persons (Physician, Family, Team Leader, CNC) as
- Demonstrates age-specific competency in assessments of patient
by the ability to obtain and interpret information in terms of
patient needs, knowledge, growth and development, and understanding
the range of treatment needed by the patient.
- Knows emergency preparedness plan and responds appropriately in
crisis situations and/or life-threatening emergencies.
- Documentation reflects accurate assessment/evaluation,
modification, and patient's response to therapy, changes in
conditions, and therapeutic interventions/procedures.
- Entries in medical record follow company policy such as correct
date, time, use of appropriate, company approved abbreviations,
- Documentation is completed within established timeframes
including, but not limited to: Initial Assessment, Nursing Flow
Sheet/Daily Charting, Progress Report Sheet, Sign-in Sheet,
Teaching Log, Medication Record, Medication Profile, Developmental
Assessment, Incident Report Forms, and Specialty Flow Sheets
(Seizure, A&B, Cath/Stool, Height/Weight, Sprint, Dietary Log,
- All charting is completed per policy to reflect accurate care
for shift on proper forms, according to internal and external
regulatory requirements and Physician orders.
- Completes and verifies accurate Physician orders entry into
computerized orders and plan of treatment per policy
- Reviews and makes appropriate changes in the computerized
nursing care plan and time schedule when patient's
condition/routine changes to accurately reflect plan of care
- Initiates new paperwork on clipboard, per policy to include but
not limited to Nursing Flow Sheet, Current Orders/Daily Charting,
Time Schedule, Medication Record, Progress Report Sheet, Sign-in
Sheet, etc.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to perform a variety of duties, often changing
from one task to another of a different nature, without loss of
efficiency or composure, and be able to perform under stressful
conditions when confronted with multiple requests, demonstrating
prioritizing skills.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma, Associates, or Bachelor's degree from an accredited
school of nursing required
- Minimum 1 year of RN experience required
- Experience with pediatric patients preferred
- Experience in homecare environment preferred.
- Experience caring for patients requiring ventilator assistance
is preferred.CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
- Current valid Nebraska RN license/RN Compact license
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American
Heart Association is required.SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Program Specialty certification or nursing leadership
certification preferred, within one year of eligibility
- Associate/diploma nurses not eligible for
Make a meaningful difference improving the lives of children!
At Children's, the region's only full-service pediatric healthcare
center, our people make us the very best for kids. Come cultivate
your passion, purpose and professional development in an
environment of excellence and inclusion, where team members are
supported and deeply valued. Opportunities for career growth abound
as we grow our services and spaces, including the cutting-edge
Hubbard Center for Children. Join our highly engaged, caring
team-and join us in providing brighter, healthier tomorrows for the
children we serve.
Keywords: Children's Hospital & Medical Center, Omaha , Staff RN Private Duty /Bonus $2500*;Part-time; 20hrs/nights, Healthcare , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!