Nurse Supervisor - Operating Room - Neurology/ENT
Company: Nebraska Medicine
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we
are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to
our patients and their families. Please note that this position may
require an assessment after completion of the application. Please
plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)Shift : Exempt Why
Nebraska Medicine : Our shared values reflect who we are and why
we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence,
Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution,
PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future
for all individuals and communities through premier educational
programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top
employers and the best employer in Nebraska Serve on the leadership
team as a shift supervisor for the designated operation by
overseeing all aspects of day-to-day patient care operations.
Partner closely with colleagues to serve as a clinical expert,
regularly model/mentor and train colleagues on technical skills,
make decisions regarding daily priorities for the work group,
provide guidance to and/or assist staff on non-routine or escalated
issues and complete performance appraisals and/or disciplinary
actions.. Required Qualifications:
- Minimum of two years recent nursing (RN) experience relevant to
specific unit required.
- Minimum of two years of experience to include the majority of
the following: serve as a clinical expert for a group of employees,
regularly model/mentor and train employees on technical skills,
make decisions regarding daily priorities for a work group, provide
guidance to and/or assist staff on non-routine or escalated issues
and provide input on performance appraisals and/or disciplinary
- Bachelor's degree in nursing required.
- Ability to exhibit strong leadership, strong planning and
organizational skills required.
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity/innovation
and be attentive to detail required.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to problem solve and exhibit strong judgment skills in
a well-thought out and timely fashion and determine appropriate
course of action in significantly complex situations required.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of
Nebraska OR current compact state license
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) and/or Advanced
Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) department dependent required.
- Demonstrated experience and competency with quality
improvement, outcomes monitoring, and/or process development in the
healthcare arena preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in data collection, analysis and
- Some management OR leadership experience preferred.
- Master's degree in nursing or related field preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications preferred.
Recruiter ContactDenise Juhler Nebraska Medicine is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, marital status, sex, age, national origin, disability,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and
protected veterans' status.
Keywords: Nebraska Medicine, Omaha , Nurse Supervisor - Operating Room - Neurology/ENT, Healthcare , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!