Registered Nurse / RN - Surgery Department (Full-Time)
Posted on: August 6, 2022
OrthoNebraska is focused and dedicated to the complete care and
treatment of the patient. As the area s largest, most comprehensive
provider of orthopaedics, we are committed to providing exceptional
patient care in our clinic locations across Iowa, Nebraska and
Missouri. OrthoNebraska services include physical therapy,
inpatient & outpatient surgery, rheumatology, non-operative pain
management, emergency medicine, and imaging. Our team delivers a
certain magic through a focus on an unmatched patient, provider and
employee experience with a focus on high quality, cost effective
care. The Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) requires
all healthcare workers, as well as individuals who interact with
healthcare workers in a work setting, be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless a medical or religious
exemption is approved. At this time, fully vaccinated means that an
individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an
authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Final candidates must be fully
vaccinated as of their first day of employment. As a condition of
employment, newly hired team members will be required to provide
proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or apply for a medical or
religious exemption Position Full-Time Shift Days FTE / Hours 1.0 /
40 Shift Monday - Friday / 4 (10 hour) shifts --- Click to see more
about Surgery!! What you would do in this role:
- Performs an initial and ongoing assessment to determine the
assigned patient s ongoing nursing care needs.
- Identifies patient and surgical procedure and demonstrates
expertise in systems assessment of the perioperative patient.
- Develops/reviews/revises and individualizes the plan of care to
address the patient s nursing care needs for optimum patient care
- Utilizes and assures principles of sterile technique and body
substances isolation based on scientific knowledge, department and
hospital policies, and federal recommendations.
- Evaluates patient care to determine response to
care/interventions for optimal patient outcome.
- Performs technical skills competently and independently to
assure patient safety.
- Maintains a professional behavior in attitudes, demeanor,
interactions to achieve the organization s mission Here s what
makes for an ideal candidate:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- RN License in Nebraska or applicable compact state
- BLS and ACLS required within 90 days of hire.
- 1-2 years of perioperative, intraoperative, ICU or PACU
- Must have patience, self-confidence, maturity, compassion and
always remain a team player with patients, physicians, and
- Must be able to handle a fast-paced/occasionally demanding work
environment with the ability to prioritize work
Keywords: OrthoNebraska, Omaha , Registered Nurse / RN - Surgery Department (Full-Time), Healthcare , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!