Medical Records Clerk II
Company: Methodist Health System
Posted on: August 8, 2022
- Purpose of Job
- Serves as main contact to assist physicians, patients and other
contacts regarding medical records.
- Job Requirements
- High school diploma, General Educational Development (GED) or
- 1 year previous medical records experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Strong verbal communication skills for positive interaction
with staff and customers required.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Skilled in electronic medical record documentation
- Ability to read, write, and carry out oral and written
instructions with accuracy and efficiency required.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Medium/Light Work - Exerting up to 35 pounds of force.
- Physical Activity
- Not necessary for the position (0%):
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Distinguish colors
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Repetitive Motions
- Job Hazards
- Not Related:
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses)
(Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors,
outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat
Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared
and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Note: Safety Officer can assist with identification of job
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
- Assists staff in finding missing records in Medical Records
department and/or other clinic areas.
- Manages transcribed documents to facilitate complete and
accurate transcribed documents in records.
- Handles on-site Sooner Than Already There (STAT) requests for
release of information by patients and other departments.
- Provides appropriate care specific to the age of the patient to
ensure understanding and comfort level of treatment as outlined in
the "Age Specific Criteria".
- Essential Functions II
- Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as
mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as
directed by management.
- Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values,
Employee Standards of Behavior and company
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Methodist Health System, Omaha , Medical Records Clerk II, Healthcare , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!