On-Line Faculty - Beginning Healthcare Spanish
Company: Methodist Health System
Posted on: September 24, 2022
- Purpose of Job
- Provide effective student instruction to meet course
- Job Requirements
- Completion of terminal degree deemed appropriate per
programmatic needs in the assigned discipline from a regionally
accredited institution required, with a minimum of 18 semester
hours in content-specific related field; master s and/or doctoral
degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in area relevant to program
assignment required; one or more years of experience in teaching at
the post-secondary level is preferred.
- Where appropriate, Nebraska licensure and national
certifications are required of faculty employed at Nebraska
- Ability to provide academic instruction, read, analyze,
interpret and grade academic assignments in a higher educational
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency with personal computer and standard office
- Knowledge of various teaching methods and adult learning
- Skill in the effective use of resources including time,
information and available services.
- Knowledge and support of the College mission statement and its
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
- Factors: Instructional Responsibilities: Demonstrate effective
- Command of the subject and use of effective teaching/learning
- In conjunction with Program Director and/or Course Coordinator,
facilitate clear formulation of learning objectives/outcomes
demonstrated by thorough course planning, and thorough preparation
for individual classroom, laboratory, and/or clinical
- Skill in communicating with students and challenging them to go
beyond what is required.
- Effective course implementation through the use of a variety of
instructional methods, as appropriate, to foster an environment to
stimulate student interest and pursuit of learning.
- Integrity, open-mindedness and objectivity in presenting
- Ability to relate the subject to other areas of knowledge.
- Collaboration with other faculty in the development of
- Systematicassessment of student learning.
- Provisionof constructive feedback in a timely manner to
students to foster professionaldevelopment.
- Punctuality and reliability in conduct of classes.
- Course revision as needed to increase effectiveness
- Summarize (list in comments) any additional instructional
responsibilities, activities, or accomplishment(s) for the review
- Demonstrate interpersonal and team skills
- Supports collegiality by behaving in a professional manner with
faculty, staff and administration.
- Responds to communications and requests in a timely
- Treats staff and faculty in a professional manner.
- Supports College strategic initiatives.
- Responds appropriately to guidance and constructive
- Maintains a professional appearance appropriate for the
- Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values and
Standards of Behavior.
- Participates in required meetings and events as
- Fulfills mandatory job requirements (e.g., timely submission of
syllabi and grades, AOR, maintenance of certification/licensure,
related employee health requirements as applicable).
- Summarize (list in comments) any effective instructional
methodology as applicable for the review period.
Keywords: Methodist Health System, Omaha , On-Line Faculty - Beginning Healthcare Spanish, Healthcare , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!