Physician - Endocrinology
Company: VISN23 VA Midwest Health Care
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Nebraska Western Iowa-Omaha VA Health Care System is
currently recruiting for one Full-time, Adult Internal
Medicine/Endocrinologist. The - positions will be located in the
Specialty Medicine Service Line.Welcome to the Heartland of America
and The VA Nebraska-Western Iowa Health Care System. Omaha's cost
of living is 8 % lower than the U.S. average. The Nebraska
unemployment rate is 2.9 %, which is decreased from the U.S.
average of 4.1, and jobs have increased by 1.2% in 2017. It was
ranked #13 in the U.S. for the "Top States for Business" in 2017.
Home to four Fortune 500 companies. Omaha continues to be
recognized as a wonderful community where affordability and a
strong economy attract young professionals, while safety, and a
plethora of education options and family-friendly activities are
appealing to those with kids. The median home cost is $158,700 with
appreciate average rates at 1.8%, which have gone up 9.8% over the
past year. An average commute time is approximately 20 minutes in
the Omaha metro area.VA NWIHCS is an integrated system that serves
more than 148,000 Veterans in 101 counties in Nebraska, western
Iowa, Kansas, and Missouri. It includes a tertiary medical center
in Omaha, two larger clinics in Lincoln and Grand Island (which
includes a Community Living Center), five community-based
outpatient clinics, and one contract clinic.Services to be
performed include, but are not limited to:
- General internal medicine provides direct comprehensive patient
care in an outpatient and/or hospital setting to adults with acute
and chronic medical conditions and serves as a consultant to other
- Expert in history taking, physical examination, test
interpretation, patient counseling and differential diagnosis and
medical therapeutics in the broad range of endocrine and metabolic
disorders and selected diagnostic procedures (fine needle
aspiration of the thyroid, FNA).
- Evaluates and manages adults who have single or multiple
disorders in all the subspecialties in the broad field of internal
- Will be a mix of inpatient and clinical outpatient work.
- General internists provide care to patients in primary,
secondary, and tertiary care settings.
- A subspecialist in Endocrinology provides direct comprehensive
patient care in an outpatient and/or hospital setting to adults
with acute and chronic diseases characterized by hormonal or
metabolic disturbances and serves as a consultant to other
- Expert in the interactions of endocrine and metabolic processes
with normal and disordered functions of the other organ systems.
Endocrinologists provide care to patients in inpatient and
outpatient primary, secondary, and tertiary care settings.
- Continuity and consultation outpatient clinics.
- Precepting residents and fellows in clinic.
- Inpatient Endocrinology consult service attending.
- Completion of endocrinology and diabetes E-consults.
- Outreach clinics as directed by the service chief.
- Indirect patient care: returning telephone calls, responding to
patient emails, reviewing and renewing prescriptions, reviewing
laboratory and imaging data, communicating results to patients, and
implementing improved quality in systems delivery.
- Clinical research for a portion of time is an option.
- Affiliation with Creighton University Medical Center is an
optionWork Schedule: Full time or Dual Appointment: This position
can be hired as dual appointment with Creighton University Medical
Center or Nebraska Medical Center. Incumbent is expected to work at
the Nebraska Western Iowa VA for 5/8ths and at the University for
3/8ths.Qualifications - Basic Requirements:
- Degree of Doctor of Medicine or an equivalent degree resulting
from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic
- Current, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine or
surgery in any State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United
States, or in the District of Columbia.Experience refers to paid
and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through
National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other
organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions;
spiritual; community; student; social). - Volunteer work helps
build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide
valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid
employment. - You will receive credit for all qualifying
experience, including volunteer experience.Benefits: - VA
encourages a healthy work/life balance by providing physicians with
an extensive benefits package and fostering an environment with
predictable schedules and conditions. - VA does this by offering:
- Generous salary starting at up to $250,000-$290,000
- Annual performance bonus
- Annual cost-of-living increases
- Step (pay) increases every two years
- Market pay increase reviews every two years
- 26 days of paid annual leave (based on an 8-hour day)
- 13 days of paid annual sick leave
- 11 paid federal holidays
- 5 days authorized absence for CME plus $1,000.00
- Excellent Health Insurance that can be carried into
- Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) Plan
- Life Insurance
- Thrift Savings Plan (a tax-deferred 401K-type savings
- Long-term care insurance
- Full malpractice insurance
- Comprehensive Continuing Education opportunities
- Student Loan Repayment and Education Debt Reduction ProgramsFor
more information, or to apply email your cv or call me directly
with any questions. - You will receive honest and direct answers to
your questions. - PandoLogic. Keywords: Physician, Location: Omaha,
NE - 68105
Keywords: VISN23 VA Midwest Health Care, Omaha , Physician - Endocrinology, Healthcare , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!