Staff RN - Bedside - Pre/Post CARES Unit
Company: Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Full Time Days 7:00am-7:30pm with weeknight, weekend, and
holiday PACU call rotation Were searching for a Pre/Post Staff RN
in the CARES Unit to prescribe, delegate and coordinate
professional nursing care to pediatric patients through the use of
nursing process and in accordance with hospital policy/procedure.
Meets job specific standards. Demonstrates competency in identified
skills for area. On call responsibilities vary depending on
department. Those working in the Radiology Nursing department will
work with pre/post patients in the Radiology setting. Additional
competencies may apply to those working in this area. We offer a
Transition to Pediatric Nursing: Adult to Pediatric Nursing program
for nurses with a BSN who have worked a minimum of one year with
adults. The program is designed to teach you everything you need to
know about pediatric nursing and culminates in eligibility for
national certification as a pediatric RN. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Conducts individualized age-specific patient/family assessments
upon admission according to defined standards. Ongoing
patient/family assessments/reassessments are completed according to
the appropriate CPG, PNDS or protocols and unit standard of
- Collects and documents data related to patients physical,
mental, developmental, emotional and social condition.
- Demonstrates age-specific competency in assessment of patients
by the ability to obtain and interpret information in terms of the
patients needs, knowledge of growth and development, and
understanding of the treatment needed.
- Assesses patient/family need for education and uses an
individualized approach in delivery style.
- Performs ongoing reassessment based on unit standards, CPGs,
PNDS goals and changes in patient condition. Reports changes to the
appropriate persons (MD , supervisor, family) as indicated.
- Develops individualized patient/family plans of care using
CPGs, PNDS goals or protocols to meet physical, psychosocial,
developmental and educational needs. Revises plan of care based on
patient condition and in collaboration with appropriate
- Utilizes assessment data from the healthcare team to
individualize appropriate goals and actions for the patient.
- Utilizes individualized assessment data to develop
patient/familys plan of care may include NORA or general
- Formulates goals and outcomes based on assessment data.
- Revises plan of care based on patients condition,
interdisciplinary input, and family needs.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize patient interventions based
- Implements nursing actions in accordance with the
patient/family plan of care and patient condition/needs.
- Incorporates critical thinking into the delivery of clinical
skills and/or MRI safety and in analyzing patient response to
medication, treatments, procedures, tests, and labs.
- Demonstrates clinical competence in administering interventions
according to identified standards and age specific needs.
- Uses appropriate resources (policy/procedures, supervisor) when
unsure of skill/task to be performed or analyzing patient
- Provides and/or coordinates with other disciplines
patient/family education according to identified care needs,
considering assessment of patient/familys readiness to learn.
- Evaluates nursing actions to include patient/parent response
and progression toward goal/ outcome, revising as necessary.
- Documentation reflects assessment /evaluation, modification,
and patients response to therapeutic interventions, procedures, and
changes in condition.
- Entries into medical record follow hospital policy(date, time,
use of appropriate abbreviations, and legibility)
- Completes computerized documentation per policy.
- Completes and verifies order entry, including surgical
- All documentation is accurate and completed within a timely
manner. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to perform a variety of duties, often changing
from one task to another of a different nature, without loss of
efficiency or composure, and be able to perform under stressful
conditions when confronted with multiple requests, demonstrating
prioritizing skills. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma, Associates, or Bachelors degree from an accredited
school of nursing required
- Minimum 1 year of RN experience required
- Experience with pediatric patients preferred.
- Previous experience with EPIC preferred.
- Current valid Nebraska RN license/RN Compact license
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American
Heart Association is required.
- Current and valid Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
certification required, within 6 months of hire.
- Current and valid certification in relevant specialty area
preferred SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- For RNs working in the Radiology Nursing area, RNs will be
trained in all areas of Radiology Nursing and will complete all
required competencies. EOE/Vets/Disabled Make a meaningful
difference improving the lives of children! At Childrens, the
regions only full-service pediatric healthcare center, our people
make us the very best for kids. Come cultivate your passion,
purpose and professional development in an environment of
excellence and inclusion, where team members are supported and
deeply valued. Opportunities for career growth abound as we grow
our services and spaces, including the cutting-edge Hubbard Center
for Children. Join our highly engaged, caring teamand join us in
providing brighter, healthier tomorrows for the children we
Keywords: Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha, Omaha , Staff RN - Bedside - Pre/Post CARES Unit, Healthcare , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!