Psychology Fellow - Behavioral Health
Company: Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Schedule: M-F 8a-4:30p We are currently searching for a
Psychology Fellow to provide quality psychological evaluations,
therapy, education and consultation to children, families, in
Behavioral Health at Childrens Hospital, and in clinics, agencies,
and the community as assigned. Establishes and maintains
professional working relationships with hospital staff, physicians,
community agencies, and professionals. Essential Functions
- Provides quality consultation, psychotherapy, and psychological
testing to children, families and adults in Behavioral Health, on
inpatient units, and in clinics as assigned.
- Provides assigned number of hours of direct client contact per
week including absences.
- Performs services in manner that is seen by physicians,
referral sources, and other qualified evaluators as timely and of
- Performs evaluation, treatment planning and treatment
procedures that are appropriate to patient needs.
- Adheres to ethical standards of the American Psychological
- Keeps adequate documentation of intake information,
psychological testing, treatment plans, and contacts with patients,
referral sources, and community resources regarding patient's
- Completes progress notes within five (5) days of standard
client contact; before leaving the treatment setting for patients
expressing self-injurious behavior or thoughts.
- Completes psychological reports within ten (10) days of
- Completes intake summaries within 2 treatment sessions,
including appropriate diagnoses and treatment plans.
- Provides written documentation of contact with teachers,
attorneys, family members, and others providing or receiving
information about patients within 5 days of contact.
- Establishes and maintains professional working relationships
with hospital staff, physicians, community agencies, and
- Completes letters and reports regarding patient care to be sent
to referral sources or agencies, as appropriate, within seven (7)
days of client contact.
- Conducts self in a courteous and respectful manner in
interactions with staff and physicians.
- Responds promptly and appropriately to phone calls and requests
- Participates in regular supervision with designated staff
- Participates in peer supervision meetings and supervisory
- Offers constructive insight into issues discussed.
- Supports the working team through participation in department
- Ensures maximum reimburseability for services provided.
- Enters appropriate charges int o the Electronic medical
- Ensures authorization/ notification of insurance plan provider
is obtained for emergency visits and follow-up care at Behavioral
- Secures authorization as needed for continuation of services
- Participates in committee work/departmental projects as
requested. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of psychological principles, child and adolescent
development, inter-relational dynamics, individual and group
behavior, and behavior modification techniques
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with
patients and families, physicians, and other clinical professionals
to gather and exchange patient information.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill in providing age-appropriate
care to children, adolescents, adults and families. EDUCATION AND
- Ph.D. or Psy.D., from an accredited school of psychology
required, candidates that have completed their dissertation and all
required course work will be considered.
- Completion of one year pre -doctoral clinical internship
- Previous experience utilizing psychotherapy techniques in a
pediatric or medical environment preferred.
- Current and valid Nebraska licensure (or eligibility) as a
Provisional Licensed Mental Health Provider (PLMHP), Licensed
Mental Health Provider (LMHP), or Provisional Licensed Psychologist
required. SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Non-Violent Intervention training preferred EOE/Vets/Disabled
Make a meaningful difference improving the lives of children! At
Childrens, the regions only full-service pediatric healthcare
center, our people make us the very best for kids. Come cultivate
your passion, purpose and professional development in an
environment of excellence and inclusion, where team members are
supported and deeply valued. Opportunities for career growth abound
as we grow our services and spaces, including the cutting-edge
Hubbard Center for Children. Join our highly engaged, caring
teamand join us in providing brighter, healthier tomorrows for the
children we serve.
Keywords: Children's Hospital & Medical Center - Omaha, Omaha , Psychology Fellow - Behavioral Health, Healthcare , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!