Medical Lab Scientist I - Generous Sign On Bonus and Tuition Reimbursement
Company: Methodist Health System
Posted on: January 24, 2023
- Purpose of Job
- A Medical Laboratory Scientist that conducts diagnostic
laboratory tests that are important in detecting, analyzing, and
treating a wide variety of diseases and medical conditions.
- Job Requirements
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Medical Laboratory Science,
or Clinical Laboratory Science, or Medical Technology
- Bachelor of Science (BS) or Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree with a
Certificate from a National Accrediting Agency for Clinical
Laboratory Science (NAACLS) accredited Medical Laboratory Science
(MLS)/Medical Technology (MT)/Clinical Laboratory Science (CLS)
- Current Medical Technologist (MT) or Medical Laboratory
Scientist (MLS) Certification from the American Society for
Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or equivalent required within 6 months of
hire or will be demoted to a non-certified position.
- 1 year of experience in applicable section of laboratory is
- Knowledge of medications and treatments used in patient care
- Skilled in critical thinking for determining alternative
solutions or solving problems required.
- Strong verbal communication skills for positive interaction
with staff and customers required.
- Skilled in operating a computer, including a computer mouse and
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions required.
- Able to work in a diverse environment required.
- Able to work as a team required.
- Able to keep patient information confidential required.
- Able to read, write, and comprehend various written reports and
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
- Physical Activity
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Distinguish colors
- Repetitive Motions
- Not Related: - Biological agents (primary air born and blood
born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Rare (1-33%):
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors,
outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Occasionally (34%-66%): - Mechanical moving
- Frequent (67%-100%):
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat
Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared
and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
- Perform duties of a Medical Laboratory Scientist.
- Accurately perform, evaluate appropriateness and report
tests/analyses requested on patient specimens on all assigned
- Utilizes time efficiently to complete assignments and assist
- Quality control is completed and documented 100% of the
- Calibration is completed and documented 100% of the time.
- Routine maintenance is completed and documented 100% of the
- Compliant per PPE guidelines 100% of the time.
- Accommodates patient and laboratory needs by professionally
responding to requests for flexibility in duties, schedules, and
- Document orientation, training, and education to ensure
employee competence, provide excellent services, and meet
accreditation requirements by effective verbal or written
- Organizational and department competencies are completed 100%
of the time.
- Evidence that new procedures and major procedure revisions are
read and understood.
- Maintains knowledge of regulatory and accreditation agency
requirements and in quality assurance activities.
- Proficiency testing is completed as assigned and submitted by
- Assists technical coordinator or section leader with problem
resolution and follow up reports for proficiency tests as
- Assists with the completion of quality control and Quality
- Achieves section/organization quality goals.
- Essential Functions II
- Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as
mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as
directed by management.
- Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values Living
Our Values, and company policies/procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Methodist Health System, Omaha , Medical Lab Scientist I - Generous Sign On Bonus and Tuition Reimbursement, Healthcare , Fremont, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!