Patient Care Asst-CNA I - Generous Sign On Bonus
Company: Methodist Health System
Posted on: January 24, 2023
- Purpose of Job
- Helps patients by supporting personal hygiene and daily living
needs; providing comfort, transportation, and vital sign
- Job Requirements
- High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED)
- Successful completion of the 75-hour state approved course for
Nurse Assistant required if hired into the position after August
- Preferred membership in good standing on Nebraska Nurse Aide
registry if hired after August 31, 2014.
- Will consider high school students 16 years or older who have
completed the above requirements.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
strongly preferred at time of hire, required within 3 months of
- Previous customer service, cleaning, food service and/or
patient related experience preferred.
- One to three months on the job experience to learn hospital.
procedures and work routines preferred.
- Orientation and on the job experience will be provided to learn
hospital procedures and work routines.
- Require the ability to understand and carry out instructions,
follow schedules, communicate information, read simple and clear
instructions and complete reports.
- Must be able to collect, record, and report patient needs to
the appropriate caregiver.
- Requires ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills
commensurate with job description.
- Participate in mandatory in-services and continuing education
programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies
and as directed by supervisor.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
- Physical Activity
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Distinguish colors
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Not Related: - Electrical Shock/Static
- Rare (1-33%):
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat
Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared
and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or
- Occasionally (34%-66%):
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors,
outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Hazardous Drugs (exposure risks, protective personal equipment
- Frequent (67%-100%):
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses)
(Jobs with Patient contact) (Blood or Body Fluid-BBF)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
- Provides appropriate care specific to the age of the
customer/patient, to ensure understanding and comfort level of
treatment, as outlined in the Age Specific Criteria.
- Gives individualized customer service/patient care.
- Completes age specific competency assessment.
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal relations with patients,
co-workers, physicians, and guests to ensure effective
- Responds to patient needs promptly and courteously.
- Obtains feedback from patients and visitors regarding their
- Communicates patient issues to the appropriate staff.
- Maintains a positive attitude while responding to requests in a
timely and accurate manner.
- Communicates with other members of the health care team (food
service, secretaries, housekeeping, etc.) as indicated.
- Actively participates in report process.
- Completes clinical activities identified in the patient's plan
of care to meet patients' comfort/activity/sleep needs and other
clinical patient needs as delegated by professional staff.
- Reports patient comfort needs to nurse in a timely manner.
- Assures that skin is clean and dry.
- Reports any noticed skin changes.
- Provides personal care and assists with ADL (activities of
- Provides assistance with repositioning, turning and chair
- Assists as necessary with ambulation.
- Completes vital signs per patient's plan of care.
- Weighs patients per patient's plan of care.
- Reinforce patient education.
- Provides transportation assistance.
- Reports any variation from patient's plan of care to
- Attends to patient amenities; e.g., newspaper, mail.
- Documents all data collected, in Cerner and/or on worksheets,
accurately, completely, and in a timely manner to provide an
accurate record of patient activities and response to activities.
- Documentation is completed in an ongoing basis prior to end of
- Documentation reflects patient's responses to activities
according to patient's plan of care.
- Documentation reflects care delivered.
- Provides housekeeping activities to contribute to a safe,
efficient, effective and sanitary patient care environment.
- Completes daily room cleaning according to established
procedures for high dusting, vacuuming, mopping hard surface
floors, disinfecting vertical surfaces, and spot cleaning vertical
- Keep rooms neat and tidy, free of clutter.
- Removes trash and soiled linen from room each shift and as
- Maintains patient environment, such as spills and room
temperature, or actively utilizes Integrated Services team to do so
- Distributes linens to servidors per par levels.
- Straightens and restocks patient care areas per par
- Attends to patient amenities; e.g., newspapers, mail, watering
- Consistently recognizes and utilizes measures to provide for
safe, efficient, patient care and work environment.
- Answers Call Lights in a timely manner and response to the
patient request and/or relays request to appropriate resource when
- Performs other duties as delegated/under the direction of the
- Assures coverage of all duties when self or other staff are off
the nursing unit.
- Assists other team members when own work is complete.
- Appropriately reports incidents.
- Utilizes Standard Precautions and Transmission-based
Precautions infection control techniques correctly and
- Directly responsible to the staff nurse and assists in the care
of the patient by performing delegated activities utilizing the
reciprocal process of the 4 Rights of Delegation.
- Right task (within the scope of practice, according to the job
description, and based on the desired outcome, task routine,
non-complex, low risk and predictable outcome).
- Right person (assess competency by certification/licensure, job
description, skills checklist, demonstrated skill).
- Right communication (clear, concise, correct, complete).
- Right feedback: The Reciprocal Process (timely, specific,
- Essential Functions II
- Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as
mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as
directed by management.
- Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values Living
Our Values, and company policies/procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Methodist Health System, Omaha , Patient Care Asst-CNA I - Generous Sign On Bonus, Healthcare , Fremont, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!