Sleep Lab Technologist II (On-Call)
Company: Boys Town
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Business: Boys Town National Research HospitalJob Summary: In a
career as a Sleep Lab Technologist II , you join us in providing
life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this
role, you will provide direct patient care independently and safely
operating sophisticated medical equipment to record sleep/ wake
stages, respiratory events, cardiac events, limb movements and
other clinical events of patient care. Score sleep studies in
accordance with national standards. Participate in the development
and implementation of departmental policies, procedures, and
quality assurance programs.Schedule: On-CallLocation: West
- Provides for the assessment and evaluation of the
appropriateness and effectiveness of diagnostic testing based on
patients age, cognitive and physical abilities and/ or
developmental needs. Is responsible for communication to the
physician of patient data.
- Initiates and monitors overnight testing procedures in
accordance with American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
- Communicates a professional attitude with patients, visitors
and other hospital personnel. Practices strict ethical enforcement
of protected medical and employee confidentiality.
- Provides patient care and education accordingly to the patient
- Assists with quality assurance programs for the department and
makes recommendations as needed.
- Performs duties, follows protocols, and documents in accordance
with BTNRH policies and procedures.
- Scores sleep studies and maintains a minimum inter-scorer
reliability score of 85%.
- Assumes responsibility for personal and professional growth
through participation in department meetings, inservice and
continuing education programs. Fulfills yearly education
requirements as stated by policy.
- Participates in all safety, security and infection control
programs that are mandatory as well as those required and provided
by the department.
- Demonstrates work practices consistent with BTNRH and
department specific safety, security and infection control
- Authorized to make entries in the medical record, consistent
with and limited to the scope of the job duties and any applicable
- Registered respiratory therapist, a registered polysomnographic
technologist certification, or a Registered Polysomnographic
Technologist with Board of Registered Polysomnographic
- Previous Sleep lab experience required
- Greater than one year of sleep study scoring required
- Previous pediatric experience, preferred
- BLS certification required
- PALS & ACLS certification, preferred.Date Posted: January 12th,
2023 About Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America
cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of
service, our employees have helped us grow from a small
boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest
national child and family care organizations in the country. With
the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our
services branched out into the health care and research fields,
offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a
real difference. Our employees are our supporters when it comes to
achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their
commitment to making the world a better place for children,
families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town
employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town
physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan,
tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and
professional development opportunities within the organization,
just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job,
it is a way of life. This advertisement describes the general
nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive
list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an
equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the
E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or
expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To
request a disability-related accommodation in the application
process, contact us at 1-.
Keywords: Boys Town, Omaha , Sleep Lab Technologist II (On-Call), Healthcare , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...