Certified Medical Assistant- ENT
Company: Boys Town
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
$5,000 HIRING BONUS!
In a career as a Medical Assistant, you join is in providing
life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this
role, you will assist with patient care (rooming patients, assist
with in-office procedures), instrument transportation to the
clinics, high-level disinfection for various scopes used during ENT
procedures, and ordering some supplies as needed.
Schedule: 8:00 AM-5:00 PM Monday-Friday
Location: Pacific Street Clinic MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES &
- Provides direct care to patients and families in area of
- Assists provider with procedures and delivery of patient
- Participates in quality improvement projects in the clinic
- Attends required staff meetings, continuing education and
mandatory in-services in relevant practice area.
- Demonstrates initiative, accountability and efficient use of
time and materials. This includes knowledge, self-direction,
accountability, and ability to function within institutional
policies, philosophies, and procedures.
- Promotes patient advocacy which assures patients' rights to
privacy, safety, and confidentiality.
- Demonstrates flexibility in adapting to changes in policies or
- Manages all clinic supply inventory including placing clinic
orders, stocking and managing supply rotation.
- Communicates all clinic maintenance needs to supervisor and is
involved in coordinating maintenance staff work being done in the
- Promotes a positive team environment. Willingly floats to
satellite clinics to fulfill required staffing needs.
- Provides patient care and education according to the patient
population served. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate from accredited medical assistant program
- Current Medical Assistant Certification through the American
Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or American Medical
Technologists (AMT) required.
- Currently active on the Nebraska Medication Aid Registry or
within first 30 days of employment, Medication Aid Registry must
maintain current thereafter required.
- CPR (BLS) certification required.
- Prior working knowledge of using a personal computer and
electronic medical records required. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of two years of experience in an ambulatory health care
facility or a hospital preferred. About Boys Town: Boys Town has
been changing the way America cares for children and families since
1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us
grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into
one of the largest national child and family care organizations in
the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research
Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care
and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to
those looking to make a real difference. Our employees are our
supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is
why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better
place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique
perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits
to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town
Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our
experts and professional development opportunities within the
organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than
just a job, it is a way of life. This advertisement describes the
general nature of work to be performed and does not include an
exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys
Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates
in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or
expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To
request a disability-related accommodation in the application
process, contact us at 1-.
Keywords: Boys Town, Omaha , Certified Medical Assistant- ENT, Healthcare , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...