Nurse Practitioner - Neurology (Part-Time)
Company: Boys Town
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
In a career as an Advanced Practice RN-Neurology, you join us in
providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In
this role, you will provide medical services to patients in an
ambulatory or a clinic setting.
Schedule: Part-Time, 20 hours a week, Hours are between 8:00
AM-5:00 PM, No Weekends MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Provides individualized medical care to patients in the
ambulatory clinic setting which includes collection of relevant
patient history, physical and/or mental health assessment,
evaluation, diagnosis and treatment.
- Psychiatry Clinic Assignment: Provides psychiatric health
services, education, counselling, and emotional support.
- Demonstrates age specific competencies in the provision of
- Orders necessary diagnostic tests relevant to patient condition
and utilizes results to determine appropriate treatment for the
- Performs procedures such as I&D, splinting, suturing, or
simple lesion (wart) removal, based on knowledge, skills and
abilities, as applicable to clinical area.
- Completes timely, thorough documentation of the patient visit
in the electronic medical record.
- Orders pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatments indicated
in management of the acute illness or health condition.
- Responds to onsite emergencies and provides prompt, and
appropriate care until EMS arrives.
- Provides relevant education and discharge instructions to the
patient/family related to the acute presenting illness or health
condition and need for follow-up.
- Consults with physician and hospitalists as needed.
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential
functions and duties required for this position. However, other
duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a
supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families and
- Ability to work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team
to deliver care in the clinic setting.
- Ability to identify and address the age specific needs of the
- Ability to work autonomously while recognizing when to consult
with other members of the health care team.
- Provides patient care and education according to the patient
population served. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master's Degree in nursing with previous clinical experience in
a health care setting required.
- Licensed as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner in the State of
- Psychiatry Clinic assignment: ANCC certification (or
eligibility to take exam) as a Psychiatric mental health Nurse
- Experience using an electronic medical record required.
- CPR certification required. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of three years of experience in a primary
care/ambulatory care/urgent care preferred; for the Same Day
Pediatrics Clinic, minimum of three years of APRN experience in an
ambulatory and/or urgent care preferred. About Boys Town: Boys Town
has been changing the way America cares for children and families
since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have
helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha,
Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care
organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town
National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into
the health care and research fields, offering even more career
opportunities to those looking to make a real difference. Our
employees are our supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's
mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making
the world a better place for children, families, patients, and
communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families
include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions
under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting
resources from our experts and professional development
opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working
at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life. This
advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed
and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or
abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity
employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran
status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the
application process, contact us at 1-.
Keywords: Boys Town, Omaha , Nurse Practitioner - Neurology (Part-Time), Healthcare , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...