Nursing Assistant - Acute Rehab - Days
Company: Methodist Health System
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Why work for Nebraska Methodist Health System?
At Nebraska Methodist Health System, we focus on providing
exceptional care to the communities we serve and people we employ.
We call it The Meaning of Care - a culture that has and will
continue to set us apart. It's helping families grow by making each
delivery special, conveying a difficult diagnosis with a
compassionate touch, going above and beyond for a patient's needs,
or giving a high five when a patient beats a disease or conquers a
personal health challenge. We offer competitive pay, excellent
benefits and a great work environment where all employees are
valued! Most importantly, our employees are part of a team that
makes a real difference in the communities we live and work in.
Helps patients by supporting personal hygiene and daily living
needs; providing comfort, transportation, and vital sign
monitoring. Helps patients by cleaning and preparing treatment
space while ensuring patient safety.
Ask your recruiter/hiring manager about the following incentives
that may be available for this position:
- Sign-on bonus
- Tuition reimbursement
- Shift differentials & other financial incentives
- Tuition assistance
- Academic sponsorship with Methodist College
1. Provides appropriate care specific to the age of the
customer/patient, to ensure understanding and comfort level of
treatment, as outlined in the Age Specific Criteria.
- Gives individualized customer service/patient care.
- Completes age specific competency assessment. 2. Exhibits
excellent interpersonal relations with patients, co-workers,
physicians, and guests to ensure effective communications.
- Responds to patient needs promptly and courteously.
- Obtains feedback from patients and visitors regarding their
- Communicates patient issues to the appropriate staff.
- Maintains a positive attitude while responding to requests in a
timely and accurate manner.
- Communicates with other members of the health care team (food
service, secretaries, housekeeping, etc.) as indicated.
- Actively participates in report process. 3. Completes clinical
activities identified in the patient's plan of care to meet
patients' comfort/activity/sleep needs and other clinical patient
needs as delegated by professional staff.
- Reports patient comfort needs to nurse in a timely manner.
- Assures that skin is clean and dry.
- Reports any noticed skin changes.
- Provides personal care and assists with ADL (activities of
- Provides assistance with repositioning, turning and chair
- Assists as necessary with ambulation.
- Completes vital signs per patient's plan of care.
- Weighs patients per patient's plan of care.
- Reinforce patient education.
- Provides transportation assistance.
- Reports any variation from patient's plan of care to
- Attends to patient amenities; e.g., newspaper, mail. 4.
Documents all data collected, in Cerner and/or on worksheets,
accurately, completely, and in a timely manner to provide an
accurate record of patient activities and response to activities.
- Documentation is completed in an ongoing basis prior to end of
- Documentation reflects patient's responses to activities
according to patient's plan of care.
- Documentation reflects care delivered. 5. Provides housekeeping
activities to contribute to a safe, efficient, effective and
sanitary patient care environment.
- Completes daily room cleaning according to established
procedures for high dusting, vacuuming, mopping hard surface
floors, disinfecting vertical surfaces, and spot cleaning vertical
- Keep rooms neat and tidy, free of clutter.
- Removes trash and soiled linen from room each shift and as
- Maintains patient environment, such as spills and room
temperature, or actively utilizes Integrated Services team to do so
- Distributes linens to servitors per par levels.
- Straightens and restocks patient care areas per par
- Attends to patient amenities; e.g., newspapers, mail, watering
plants. 6. Consistently recognizes and utilizes measures to provide
for safe, efficient, patient care and work environment.
- Answers Call Lights in a timely manner and response to the
patient request and/or relays request to appropriate resource when
- Performs other duties as delegated/under the direction of the
- Assures coverage of all duties when self or other staff are off
the nursing unit.
- Assists other team members when own work is complete.
- Appropriately reports incidents.
- Utilizes Standard Precautions and Transmission-based
Precautions infection control techniques correctly and
consistently. 7. Directly responsible to the staff nurse and
assists in the care of the patient by performing delegated
activities utilizing the reciprocal process of the 4 Rights of
- Right task (within the scope of practice, according to the job
description, and based on the desired outcome, task routine,
non-complex, low risk and predictable outcome).
- Right person (assess competency by certification/licensure, job
description, skills checklist, demonstrated skill).
- Right communication (clear, concise, correct, complete).
- Right feedback: The Reciprocal Process (timely, specific,
checkpoints). 8. Prepares exam rooms and equipment to facilitate
treatment and examination of patients by setting up
instruments/equipment and supplies.
- Prepares exam rooms and medical equipment according to provider
protocol 95% of the time.
- Rooms are cleaned and prepped in a timely manner.
- Independently manages all sterilization needs for department by
working with sterile processing and ensures all equipment is
retuned to the appropriate room/are within acceptable times. 9.
Maintains work areas to ensure healthy environment conditions by
cleaning and organizing equipment, rooms and work spaces.
- Organizes and maintains all clinical care stock.
- Organizes, cleans, and restocks clinical care areas
- Keeps supplies up to date. 10. Covers the front reception area
- Serves as back up office assistant.
- Answers phone professionally and utilizes message center as
appropriate and accurately transcribes messages for providers from
- Assist with intake, scheduling, and other duties as
- High School diploma or General Educational Development
- (GED) preferred.
- Completion of first clinical rotation as Nursing Assistant
- Successful completion of the 75-hour state approved course for
Nurse Assistant required if hired into the position after August
- Preferred membership in good standing on Nebraska Nurse Aide
registry if hired after August 31, 2014.
- Will consider high school students 16 years or older who have
completed the above requirements. Experience
- Previous customer service, cleaning, food service and/or
patient related experience preferred.
- One to three months on the job experience to learn hospital.
procedures and work routines preferred.
- Orientation and on the job experience will be provided to learn
hospital procedures and work routines.
- Previous experience in patient care setting such as hospital,
clinic or nursing home preferred.
- Previous experience with direct patient contact preferred.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
strongly preferred at time of hire, required within 3 months of
- Certified Nursing Assistant preferred.
- Require the ability to understand and carry out instructions,
follow schedules, communicate information, read simple and clear
instructions and complete reports.
- Must be able to collect, record, and report patient needs to
the appropriate caregiver.
- Requires ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills
commensurate with job description.
- Participate in mandatory in-services and continuing education
programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies
and as directed by supervisor. Physical Requirements
- Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force. Physical
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Distinguish colors
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Walking Job Hazards
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared
and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or
photochemical means) Rare (1-33%):
- Radiation Alpha . click apply for full job details
Keywords: Methodist Health System, Omaha , Nursing Assistant - Acute Rehab - Days, Healthcare , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...