Licensed Practical Nurse - Valley Clinic
Company: Methodist Health System
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Why work for Nebraska Methodist Health System?At Nebraska
Methodist Health System, we focus on providing exceptional care to
the communities we serve and people we employ. We call it The
Meaning of Care - a culture that has and will continue to set us
apart. It's helping families grow by making each delivery special,
conveying a difficult diagnosis with a compassionate touch, going
above and beyond for a patient's needs, or giving a high five when
a patient beats a disease or conquers a personal health challenge.
We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits and a great work
environment where all employees are valued! Most importantly, our
employees are part of a team that makes a real difference in the
communities we live and work in.Job Summary:Licensed Practical
Nurse (LPN) assists physicians by reviewing records, preparing
patients/exam rooms, and handling prescription
renewals/inquiries.Responsibilities:Essential Job FunctionsJoint
(Floor and Phone)Medical Home
- Documents all lab, procedures, and appointments on tracking
- Completes tracking forms and follows up on missed appointments
- Assists Health Coaches by working patient lists and scheduling
appointments as directed.At the direction of the provider provides
patient and family education to ensure adequate knowledge/awareness
and recommends appropriate community resources as needed.
- Educates/instructs patients according to providers direction
98% of the time.Performs telephone triage to determine patient
needs by recording and reporting patient condition to provider and
advising patient based on provider instructions.
- Receives and returns patient calls within 90 minutes based on
medical priority 95% of the time.
- Accurately records and reports patient's condition according to
department policy 98% of the time.Maintains work areas to ensure
healthy environmental conditions by cleaning and organizing
equipment and rooms.
- Maintains clean and organized work area according to
department/provider protocol 99% of the time.Handles prescription
renewals/inquiries to facilitate patient care. Discusses questions
with provider and relays information to pharmacy.
- Handles prescription refills according to department/provider
protocols 99% of the time.Provides appropriate care specific to the
age of the patient to ensure understanding and comfort level of
treatment as outlined in the "Age Specific Criteria".FloorPrepares
exam rooms and equipment to facilitate treatment and examination of
patients by setting up instruments/equipment and stocking supplies.
- Prepares exam rooms and medical equipment according to provider
protocol 95% of the time.Prepares patient for provider exam by
reviewing medical records, weighing patient, checking vital signs,
performing medication reconciliation and obtaining information
relevant to patient care.
- Prepares patient for exam by following provider protocol and
company policies 95% of the time.Assists providers to facilitate
patient treatment by retrieving tests and medical records and
obtaining lab work as directed.
- Obtains provider requested tests, records, and lab work 95% of
the time.Dispense medications at the direction of a provider to
patients. Registered Nurse and Licensed Practical Nurse instruct
patients and family members regarding education and treatment to
ensure patients completely understand how to take the medication
correctly.Assists and/or performs phlebotomy with proper labeling
and handling of specimens, accurately completes requisitions, and
collects specimens according to standard procedures/protocols and
performing and documenting quality control activities.
- Performs above procedure according to clinic policy and
procedures 95% of the time.Ensures accuracy of order entry and
completes appropriate documentation without error at least 98% of
the time.PhoneAnswering Phone Calls
- Answers calls according to protocol at least 98% of the
time.Returning Phone Messages
- Returns phone messages according to protocol at least 98% of
the time.Providing Test Results
- Provides test results according to protocol at least 98% of the
- Accurately completes pharmacy request 100% of the
time.Schedule:8-5Job Description:Job RequirementsEducation
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.Experience
- Previous Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)/medical experience
- Phlebotomy experience required (Floor
- Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross Basic
Life Support (BLS) strongly preferred at time of hire, required
within 3 months of hire.
- Current valid Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) License, valid
compact multistate license to work in Nebraska or Iowa (work state)
or temporary permit while awaiting licensure
- Knowledge of medical terminology and procedures required.
- Knowledge of medicine including recognizing and diagnosed
diseases, deformities, and other illnesses.
- Skill to effectively manage time and prioritize tasks.
- Skill to proficiently type information into the computer to
capture or detail information quickly.
- Ability to provide caring patient care services when talking
with patients and their family members.
- Ability to critically listen to questions from patients and
information from providers to convey information effectively.
- Ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve problems before
they occur and avoid bigger problems in the future.
- Ability to problem solve during several daily activities which
includes the ability to be flexible.
- Ability to learn and proficiently navigate through computer
programs that contain patient information.
- Strong verbal communication skills for positive interaction
with providers, staff and patients required.
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions/directions
required.Physical RequirementsWeight Demands
- Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force.Physical
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Distinguish colors
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Standing (Floor Only)
- Walking (Floor Only)
- Sitting (Phone Only)Job Hazards
- Not Related:
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared
and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or
- Rare (1%-33%):
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, C at
Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Occasionally (34%-66%):
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors,
outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Frequent (67%-100%):
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses)
(Jobs with Patient contact) Blood or Body Fluid (BBF)
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations About Methodist: Nebraska
Methodist Health System is made up of four hospitals in Nebraska
and southwest Iowa, more than 30 clinic locations, a nursing and
allied health college, and a medical supply distributorship and
central laundry facility. From the day Methodist Hospital was
chartered in 1891, service to our communities has been a top
priority. Financial assistance, health education, outreach to our
diverse communities and populations, and other community benefit
activities have always been central to our mission.Nebraska
Methodist Health System is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification
protected by Federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Methodist Health System, Omaha , Licensed Practical Nurse - Valley Clinic, Healthcare , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...