Posted on: September 18, 2023
Part-time and full-time opportunities Job Summary:
$35,000 sign on bonus (external candidates)
Unique opportunity to practice at the top of your profession
supporting our patients from a centralized office with a rotation
to support from a retail store as well. Supports centralized
services performing data review and clinical review of all
prescriptions and inbound/outbound calls using computer technology.
Responsible for the implementation of healthcare strategies and
driving patient health outcomes. Executes patient intervention
pharmacy programs and ensures compliance of clinical pharmacy
services. Responsible for executing against identified
partner-established pharmacy programs Provides pharmacy consulting
services with empathy to patients regarding the effective usage of
medications and awareness of drug interactions, both in person and
via the phone. Offers preventive and clinical healthcare services,
including immunizations, diagnostic testing, and patient outcomes
services. Responsible for ensuring the proper compounding,
dispensation, review and verification of prescribed medications
within regulatory guidelines, company policies and procedures.
Supports the efficient workflow of the pharmacy and assists the
pharmacy manager in identifying ways to optimize pharmacy
financials, inventory management and enhance the patient
- Implements direct patient care programs, including but not
limited to Medication Therapy Management programs, Immunization
Services, and Payer and Pharma Adherence & Clinical Programs.
Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects to
ensure business needs are being met.
- Drives compliance and continuous quality improvement in the
delivery of clinical pharmacy patient care and services by
studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; monitoring and
analyzing results; and implementing changes. Helps ensure area
Pharmacies adhere to regulatory compliance, standard operating
procedures and FDA regulations.
- Drives regional pharmacy financial performance by aligning
business strategies with company financial goals. Implements and
executes patient intervention pharmacy programs to maximize
- Supports efforts on enhancing patient experience by increasing
focus on healthcare services (e.g. patient consultation, medication
management, drug therapy reviews, and retail, clinical, or wellness
services such as immunizations, disease state management and
- Provides expertise, resources, education and support to
pharmacists and field leadership. Supports staff training
experiences and development opportunities. Promotes teamwork and
motivates Pharmacy staff by fostering a shared vision and
supporting company policies, procedures, mission, values, and
standards of ethics and integrity.
- Conducts data and clinical reviews and taking necessary actions
to ensure accuracy and appropriateness of medications.
- Reviews drug histories and patient profiles to ensure proper
and safe drug therapy. Provides individualized patient/provider
- Through use of superior communication skills, wins the trust of
patients by listening to their issues and providing a sounding
board for the pharmacy concerns.
- Provides feedback as to the effectiveness of the Customer
Retention Program including comments from patients as the value of
- Responsible for all questions, dialogues, and issues which
relate directly to patient therapy.
- Provides clinical consultation and knowledge to patients,
doctors, and insurance plans as needed.
- Performs other work consistent with the job responsibilities in
this document as assigned by management.
- Follows guidelines and procedures for all job responsibilities
in order to meet goals. Adheres to company policies and procedures
including all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local pharmacy
laws. About Walgreens and WBA : Walgreens ( is included in the U.S.
Retail Pharmacy and U.S. Healthcare segments of Walgreens Boots
Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), an integrated healthcare, pharmacy
and retail leader with a 170 year heritage of caring for
communities. WBAs purpose is to create more joyful lives through
better health. Operating nearly 9,000 retail locations across
America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is
proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving nearly 10
million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical
role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of
pharmacy and healthcare services, including those that drive
equitable access to care for the nations medically underserved
populations. To best meet the needs of customers and patients,
Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with fully
integrated physical and digital platforms supported by the latest
technology to deliver high quality products and services in
- BS in Pharmacy or PharmD and at least one (1) year of
experience in a retail pharmacy environment.
- Current Pharmacist license as granted by the appropriate state
- Experience motivating team members to research and resolve
- Experience working with confidential information.
- Willing to work non-standard hours, which may include evenings,
holidays and/or weekends.
- Experience using time management skills such as
prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines
of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little
or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and
determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external
customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and
evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes
(within state and out of state). Preferred Qualifications
- Willingness to obtain other state pharmacy licenses if
- Knowledge of insurance plans.
- Knowledge of computer operating systems including Intercom,
Promise, and Plus.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a
workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size,
formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions,
aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a
column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting
margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example:
inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating
between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and
editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving
objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a
document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type
and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting
bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell
check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions). by
Keywords: Walgreens, Omaha , Clinical Pharmacist, Healthcare , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!