Branch Coordinator - Licensed Practical Nurse
Company: CenterWell Home Health
Posted on: September 20, 2023
DescriptionThe primary function of the Branch Coordinator -
Licensed Practical Nurse is to provide clerical support for the
branch medical records and billing department. Also, responsible
for day-to-day coordination of telephone / personnel communication
systems, overall management of agency supplies / mail, and
processing of accounts payables. Depending on branch census you may
be responsible for other duties as assigned. Depending on branch
census you may be responsible for other duties as
- Prepare patient assessment packets, including admission,
recertification, and post hospital packets.
- Process signed and unsigned orders and 485s.
- Follow up on the Order Tracking Report weekly and according to
Order procedure. Reprocess unsigned orders at end of episode as
task appears on action screen.
- Date stamp all received documents, except SOC paperwork and
paper visit notes, to be scanned into the client chart. Scanning
should be completed within 24 hours of stamp date.
- Fax the discharge / transfer summary / episode detail summary
and Case Conference / 60 Day summary to the physician as task
appears on the action screen.
- Copy documentation and assist with ADR preparation.
- Update HCHB and computer programs as appropriate.
- Complete End of Period claim workflow as part of Billing
Specialist responsibilities. This includes confirming all orders
are signed appropriately and coordinating with the administrative
team at the branch to ensure other billing requirements are
satisfied to release claims timely.
- Adhere to and participate in Agencys mandatory HIPAA / Privacy
Program and Employee Compliance Program.
- Read and adhere to all Agency Policies and Procedures and
follow Employee Handbook Guidelines.
- Managing all incoming telephone calls in a professional manner
- Screen and route calls to the appropriate agency staff
- Maintenance and administration of the phone system including:
- Adding / revising voice mail boxes
- Managing accurate employee phone roster
- Process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Manage and order office supplies (including agency specific
forms) as needed.
- Manage, order, and distribute medical supplies as needed.
- Assist BD with EOE billing tasks.
- Manage and process all accounts payable including routing to
appropriate corporate department as
- Must understand the issues related to the delivery of home
health and hospice services and be able to problem solve
- Must possess knowledge of Medicare guidelines governing home
health and hospice agencies.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills and be able to
communicate well with referral sources, patients, family members,
and agency employees.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and possess effective
communication skills both orally and in writing.
- The ability to communicate with a diversity of individuals is
required. Qualifications: Education:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent, typing, clerical
skills, and be competent with computers.
- Licensed Practical Nurse LPN License in the state of
- Must possess a minimum of two years experience in the health
care industry and one year experience in home health.Desired:
- Six months medical records experience in a clinic, hospital, or
home health setting (preferred)Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Keywords: CenterWell Home Health, Omaha , Branch Coordinator - Licensed Practical Nurse, Healthcare , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!