RN Educator Clinical - Cardiac - Days/Evenings
Company: CHI Health
Posted on: March 16, 2019
Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: NE > OMAHA > CUMC-BERGAN MERCY
1. Use principles from the theories of nursing and other clinical disciplines, adult learning, organization development, systems, change, and quality management in educational processes.
2. Use systematic approaches to assess, develop and monitor the competence of healthcare providers.
3. Integrate research findings of the disciplines of nursing, other clinical disciplines, health care, adult education, organization development, and quality management into the educational process.
4. Maintain the clinical education/staff development program within the context of the Mission, Vision and Values of Alegent Health.
5. Develop, maintain and monitor educational programs in compliance with Alegent Health accreditation standards and policy.
6. Develop a quality management strategy to continuously improve the clinical education/ staff development program.
7. Promote positive nurse/physician relationships through effective communication.
8. Coordinate and facilitate orientation for nursing and other healthcare providers. Act as a consultant and facilitator to the clinical preceptor program.
9. Maintain a customer-focused, professional attitude with patients, visitors, and personnel while assuring confidentiality of patient and Alegent Health information.
10. Provide adult education expertise, leadership and program support to clinical departments. Coordinate competencies, mock codes and physician-lead inservices.
11. Coordinate nurse certification.
12. Assist to oversee patient care and to coach nursing at the bedside. Provides direction and clinical leadership for nursing staff in emergency situations.
13. Assumes responsibility for personal and professional growth through participation in unit meetings, inservice programs, continuing education programs, and fulfills yearly requirements as stated by policy. Participates in all safety, security and infection control programs that are mandatory as well as those required and provided by the department.
14. Demonstrates work practices consistent with Alegent Health and department-specific safety, security and infection control policies.
15. Plans individualized age appropriate evidence-based patient care through an interdisciplinary team approach and through interdisciplinary patient care conference, ongoing patient assessments, re-evaluation of patient problems or needs.
16. Responds to patient calls, anticipates individual patient needs, and assures patient safety and comfort through regular rounds, environmental maintenance, and other appropriate safety measures.
17. Participates in achieving nursing division goals and supports Shared Leadership structure. Assists in the orientation of new staff and participates in unit Quality Improvement activities. Participates in achieving organizational goals.
18. Contributes to planning for use of physical, human, and capital budget fiscal resources.
19. Assess patient's pain and establishes an acceptable pain level. Responds and intervenes to verbal and non-verbal pain. Authorized to make entries in the medical record, consistent with and limited to the scope of the job duties and any applicable licensure.
20. Must have ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
Incorporates orientation standards required by JCAHO to include Clinical Skills Checklists to assure staff competency. Conducts annual needs assessment to be used as a basis for program planning and staff education and JCAHO standards. Contributes to staff member professional growth by notifying them of educational opportunities available and maintaining current departmental reference material. Develops and conducts presentations and or provides clinical orientation and or supervision as the need arises. Serves as a resource person for other departments requesting instruction/materials related to patient care. Works with Operations Director in assessing all aspects of staff educational needs. Serves as a role model and resource for all nursing staff. Provides orientation, coaching and develops staff so as to effect performance improvements.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Registered Nurse or/and three years of recent experience in a clinical or educational setting. Knowledge of and previous experience in complex health care systems preferred. Leadership and/or education experience, which demonstrates progressive responsibility in the planning, development, and evaluation of adult education programs.
Education: A minimum of a bachelor's degree in a health profession, education or human resources required.
Masters degree preferred.
Licensure: Must have a Current Registered Nurse License in Nebraska or Iowa, Nebraska and Iowa are compact states, so license must be held in the state of your residence.
Ability to demonstrate strong knowledge of educational program development in clinical settings and complex health care environments with the application of adult learning theory. Must posses excellent presentation skills; excellent oral and written communication skills; good project planning and project management skills; good leadership skills. Must demonstrate personal traits of a high level of motivation; customer focus; team orientation; professionalism; trust; and place a high value on the customer/consultant relationship treating others with dignity and respect.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: CHI Health
Keywords: CHI Health, Omaha , RN Educator Clinical - Cardiac - Days/Evenings, Healthcare , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!