Company: Children's Hospital (Omaha)
Posted on: October 12, 2019
Just like the children we serve, Children's is growing quickly and
hiring a Clinic RN, Nephrology to prescribe, delegates and
coordinates professional nursing care to pediatric patients through
the use of nursing process and in accordance with hospital
policy/procedure and Clinical practice guidelines. Meets job
specific standards. Demonstrates competency in identified skills
% of Time 30%
- Conducts holistic age-specific patient/family assessments upon
visit according to defined standards. Ongoing patient/family
Assessments/reassessments are completed according to the
appropriate CPG or protocols and unit standard of care.
- Collects and documents data related to patient's physical,
mental, developmental, emotional and social condition.
- Demonstrates age-specific competency in assessment of patients
by the ability to obtain and interpret information in terms of the
patients' needs, knowledge of growth and development, and
understanding the range of treatment needed by these
- Assesses family expectations for, and involvement in the
assessment and continuous care or treatment of the patient.
Able to meet families' expectations during their visit to the
- Communicates plan of care to the patient/family so they can
- Able to identify/assess the need for MD involvement or a
potential change in plan of care.
- Ongoing patient/family assessments are completed according to
the appropriate CPG, protocol and unit standard of care.
- Documentation and evaluation of nursing actions
- Chart audits conducted meets JCAHO and organizational
expectations. Must meet overall goal of 95%
(FER, Clinic problem list, signatures, pain assessment etc).
- Facilitates timely communication to/from patient/family and
other healthcare disciplines; answers patient care related
questions, requests etc. Phone calls are returned in the same
business day received.
- Reviews patient charts as assigned to facilitate coordination
of care by assuring completion of tests, consultations and
procedures, interdisciplinary follow-up and referrals as needed for
the clinic visit.
- Follows up on tests, lab results, thoroughly and within
established time frames. Lab tests are followed up on within 48
hours after test results obtained.
- Considers cultural, cognitive, emotional, and social influences
on the patient/families ability and readiness to learn.
All teaching is documented on the FER to include understanding of
topics taught. 20%
- Provider Support
- Gathers patient information in a timely, concise, thorough
manner and conveys this to the MD.
- Assists MD in clinic to maintain a good workflow and meet
expectations of customers in relation to being on time.
- Demonstrates effective delegation techniques.
- Performs special tasks, procedures within the scope of practice
for an RN that is unique to Ambulatory Care clinics i.e. (database
entry, scheduling of special procedures, as well as assisting in
special procedures, inpatient role, case management, and
- Completes with expertise, timely, organized and with
- Communicates effectively through written documentation or
verbally to appropriate individuals.
- Coordinates patient care to ensure continuity of care.
Regular attendance at work is an essential function of the job.
Perform physical requirements as described in the Physical
Requirements section SECONDARY FUNCTIONS/COMPETENCIES 5%
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma, Associates, or Bachelor's degree from an accredited
school of nursing required
- Minimum 1 year of RN experience required
- Experience with pediatric patients preferred
- Previous Pulmonary experience preferred
- Previous experience with EPIC preferred.
- Current valid Nebraska RN license/RN compact license
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American
Heart Association is required.
- Other certifications/education as defined by area specific job
- Current and valid Pediatric Emergency Assessment Recognition &
Stabilization (PEARS) required within 6-months of hire, unless
another position held by the incumbent requires PALS. Employees
hired prior to July 24, 2019 are required to obtain PEARS by July
Keywords: Children's Hospital (Omaha), Omaha , Clinic RN, Healthcare , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!