Senior Director Global Customer Services
Company: DTN, LLC
Posted on: May 6, 2021
DTN is a global leader providing insights and analytics to our
customers to feed, fuel, and protect the world. We help people make
critical business decisions that impact the agriculture, oil and
gas, trading, and weather industries.
It's a difference you've likely felt without even knowing it. From
the food on your plate to the gas in your car to the last flight
you took, chances are a DTN customer made it possible. And that's
just for starters. That's why we say, "When our customers prosper,
we all win."
Reporting to the Chief Administration Officer, the Sr Director of
Global Customer Services will be responsible for managing a
geographically dispersed and diverse customer support team of 80+
individuals. This individual will drive the organization's customer
support strategy globally, including establishing best-in-class
support processes, championing DTN's digital transformation,
representing the VOC, and delivering exceptional customer support
to B2C and B2B customers. Additionally, this individual will
provide critical day-to-day operations management including
mentoring and coaching team members, facilitating resolution of
complex issues, and interacting with internal and external
customers to provide excellent product support.
This Global Customer Services Leader may be based in Omaha NE or
The ideal candidate will be both strategic and operational and have
at least 8+ years progressive experience managing global customer
support teams within the technology/SAAS industry. We are seeking
an individual who is a collaborative, motivated individual with
excellent leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Lead a 24X7 global customer service team of 80+ people,
primarily in the US, Netherlands, and Philippines
- Apply analytics to increase team effectiveness, optimize the
organizational structure, and drive process improvements
- Apply current and emerging customer service strategies and best
practices to continually improve and transform the customer
- Champion and drive a culture of excellence in customer service,
establishing service levels and performance standards for the
- Develop and implement methods to record, assess, and analyze
- Identify and recommend or acquire updates and expansions to
technology, equipment, and policies to improve customer experience
- Engage with senior leadership and other internal stakeholders
to identify the appropriate resolution to complex issues
- Facilitate collaborate and transparent communication between
various departments, including product management, quality
assurance, product development, CSM and sales, to drive customer
satisfaction, representing both the VOC and our employees
- Develop dashboard and reporting to keep business stakeholders
informed of key metrics
- Coach and mentor leaders and employees for progression into the
rest of the company
- Provide day-to-day leadership, including setting performance
goals and metrics, conducting regular 1:1 meetings, providing
regular performance feedback, soliciting employee feedback,
monitoring monthly and quarterly performance metrics, and so
- Manage key financial metrics and the department budget
- Post-Covid this position will require travel approximately 25%
to 40% of the time, including internationally.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management (or similar),
- 8+ plus years progressive experience leading customer support
teams across multiple countries
- Demonstrated experience in a global technology environment and
providing technical product support
- Proven capability to deliver transformative and automated CS
tools and processes that increase customer efficiency and decreased
reliance upon our people
- Proficiency in analyzing data, identifying trends, and working
across the organization to drive improvements
- Experience with servicing complex integrated B2B applications
- Honest and direct, with no hidden agenda; a team player,
collaborative and unselfish.
- Ability to work in an agile, nimble, fast-paced environment,
deliver against tight timelines, and work well under pressure.
- Exceptional influencing skills, assertive without being
antagonistic or alienating.
- Professional demeanor, outstanding communication skills, and
the confidence to represent the company in both formal and informal
- Highly developed problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Desire to interface with individuals across the organization
and at all levels while incorporating their feedback into
Competencies and leadership attributes
Business Acumen/Strategic Thinking:
The successful candidate must be extremely well versed in all
elements of customer experience and support, and a thorough
knowledge of current best practices.He/she must grasp the financial
and economic drivers of the overall business and understand how
that translates to the customer support needs of the company.
The successful candidate must have confidence and credibility,
effectively influence others,and constructively handlesensitive or
emotional issues. He/she must have strong verbal and written
communication skills, includingtheability to present and discuss
complex information in a way that persuades others and enhances
Leading Teams and Building Relationships:
The successful candidate must have effective people management
skills and should have ademonstrated history of attracting,
developing and retaining a high-performance work team dedicated to
professional excellence. He/she will have a track record of
building trust across the organization and must be capable of
quickly building relationships, gaining credibility, and partnering
/ influencing at all levels across a broad range of
The successful candidate will have a track record of driving
initiatives to closure. He/she will get results that have a
positive and direct impact on business performance and will hold
him/herself and others accountable for achieving goals in line with
the company's values.This individual must have a hands-on approach
to the function, translate the vision of the organization into
actionable and quantitative plans, and act as a key change agent in
leading the organization to reach aggressive goals and
The successful candidate needs to uphold well-articulated core
values and principles and hold others to the same standard. He/she
must express their own views candidly while listening to and
respecting the views of others.This individual must be savvy and
pragmatic in their approach towards effecting change.
OUR VISION: To be the independent, trusted source of insights to
our customers who feed, protect, and fuel the world.
OUR MISSION: Empower our customers with intelligent and actionable
insights that exceed their expectations and enable their success on
a daily basis.
OUR VALUES: Customer Delight, Education, Teamwork, Colleague Focus,
We have great benefits at DTN - apply today to find out more!
At DTN, we are an equal opportunity employer. Come join us as we
help feed, fuel, and protect the world!
** DTN is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: DTN, LLC, Omaha , Senior Director Global Customer Services, Hospitality & Tourism , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!