Retail - Registered Nurse (RN)
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Title: Retail Registered Nurse (RN) FLSA:
Non-ExemptDepartment: Pharmacy Revision Date: 01/2021General
Function:Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service.
Assist pharmacists in the administration of vaccines, and
preparation and distribution of prescription medications.Reporting
Relations:Accountable and Reports to:District Store Director, Store
Director, Store Manager; Asst Manager HWH, Perishables, and Store
Operations, Pharmacy Manager, Staff PharmacistsDirect Reports:
NonePrimary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
- Administer Vaccines as allowed by law
- Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them
by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
- Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful
service to customers who call.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction
and a pleasant work environment.
- Handles inquiries that do not require a pharmacist's expertise
- Accepts new written prescription orders and telephoned refill
requests at the discretion of the supervising pharmacist.
- Takes orders from or calls doctor's offices for refill
- Gathers patient information required to prepare prescriptions.
- Enters prescription and patient information into the computer.
- Assists in maintaining correct patient information.
- Assists pharmacists in preparing prescription drug products for
- Prepares and affixes labels to prescription containers.
- Prepares prescriptions to be mailed.
- Prepares and submits insurance claims.
- Files prescriptions after they have been dispensed.
- Reports any medication errors to appropriate personnel.
- Orders, checks-in, and stocks pharmacy supplies.
- Logs invoices as necessary.
- Performs cash transactions.
- Maintains cleanliness of pharmacy and dispensing area.
- Assists with third party insurance billing and trouble
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to all statutes and regulations pertaining to a
- Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.Secondary Duties and
- Assists in other areas of the store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as
required.Education and Experience:
- Degree in nursing upon hire and licensed with the applicable
State Nursing Board and/or possess multi-state licensure
- To work offsite for vaccination events (as needed): Employees
must possess a valid driver's license, with no DOT restrictions,
and be 18 years or older to drive a company vehicle.Physical
- Must be able to physically exert up to 50 pounds of force
occasionally, 10 pounds of force frequently, and a negligible
amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to
more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception,
color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and
field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking,
hearing, and repetitive motions.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and
- Must have the ability to do logical or scientific thinking to
solve problems; several abstract and concrete variables.
- Have the ability to do arithmetic calculations involving
arithmetic, algebraic and geometric calculations.
- Must be able to compose original correspondence; follow
technical manuals; have increased contact with people; interview
counsel or advise people; evaluate technical data.Working
Conditions:This position frequently involves a fast work pace in a
retail store setting. Must be able to handle multiple tasks
(filling scripts, answering telephone, waiting on customers, etc.)
every day. There is an occasional exposure to dangerous
chemicals/solvents while compounding products and chemotherapy
drugs. Employee may be required to work offsite for vaccination
events in which they may be exposed to equipment movement hazards,
temperature extremes, vibrations and dampness.Equipment Used to
Perform Job:PC with pharmacy software and printer, cash register,
C.A.R.S. ordering system, pharmacy balance, scanner, calculator,
telephone, fax, copier and company
vehicle.Confidentiality:Maintains the confidentiality of the
customer's private medical information according to the HIPPA
act.Contacts:Has daily contact with customers, general public, and
suppliers/vendors. Has occasional contact with community or
trade/professional organizations and federal/state governmental or
regulatory agencies.I understand that this pharmacy handles and
prepares hazardous drugs. The USP 800 is intended to ensure that
personnel of reproductive capability understand the risks of
handling hazardous drugs. Accordingly, I acknowledge that exposure
to hazardous drugs may cause acute and chronic effects. Failure to
follow pharmacy policies and procedures may put me at greater risk
of exposure to hazardous drugs.
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Omaha , Retail - Registered Nurse (RN), Hospitality & Tourism , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!