Cook Kansas City
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Cook -AdventHealth South Overland Park - Career Site to learn more
-- - Thinking about moving to Kansas City - - - Top Reasons To Work
At AdventHealth -
- Sign On Bonus/Relocation Assistance -for eligible Full-time and
Part-time positions -
- New Competitive Pay
- Excellent health benefits day one
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Retirement plan employer contribution and matching -
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County - Work
Hours/Shift: Full Time, Part Time Varied Shift and Flexible Hours
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Works collaboratively with Leadership and storeroom and prep
areas to provide necessary provision of food and supplies.
- Maintains flexibility when staffing needs require a change in
- Listens openly to constructive criticism.
- Demonstrates and conveys a favorable image of the Medical
- Accurately documents food usage.
- Rotates stock to ensure standards are being met. - Labels and
dates food items according to procedure.
- Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns
into decision-making and organizational action.
- Prepares hot food according to standardized recipes in the
correct amounts for patients, child care, catering and
- Organizes batch-cooking schedule so food is available
throughout service to ensure optimal food quality and
- Sets up food in hot food counters and delivers food as needed
to patient and cafeteria lines and warmers.
- Assists with patient tray line assembly, serving items
according to patient menu.
- Maintains an orderly and sanitary storage area. -
- Assumes personal responsibility for care of work areas and
- Demonstrates improved outcomes through effective communication
and follow up.
- Takes initiative to identify and analyze problems; generates
alternative solutions. - Takes appropriate risks that lead to
improved work practices.
- Demonstrates and promotes high standards for quality and
productivity; focuses on results.
- Suggest menu additions and test new recipes.
- Demonstrates professionalism and accountability.
- Examines existing processes and problems and continuously looks
for ways to do things better.
- Takes initiative to improve skills and knowledge.
- Initiates and implements new recipe ideas for catering and
- Maintains a high degree of initiative to prevent waste and
makes effective use of leftovers.
- Continually evaluates ways to control food and supply
- Exhibits good judgment and time management skills to accomplish
- Is versatile and able to assume a number of different
- Is fiscally responsible and suggests cost-saving measures.
- Adjusts schedule when low volumes require leaving early -
- What You Will Need: - - - - - High School Diploma or Equivalent -
- - -1+ Years of Position-Related Experience - - - - - Experience
with cooking in high volume kitchen or restaurant - Job Summary:
Under the general direction of the Nutrition Service Team Leader,
the Cook is responsible for the preparation of hot food items as
determined by the daily menus following standardized recipes. - Is
a team player who displays goods decision-making, excellent
communication skills, and a professional manner in all aspects of
work. Utilizes and manages resources appropriately and ensures food
safety is performed at all times. Performs areas sanitation tasks
including cleaning of all cooking equipment and work stations - -
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: AdventHealth, Omaha , Cook Kansas City, Hospitality & Tourism , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!