Posted on: September 23, 2022
Location: US-NE-ELKHORNSystem ID: 828278Category: Food
ServiceEmployment Status: Part-TimeUnit Name: ELKHORN PUBLIC
SCHOOLS DININGUnit Contact: Deb Ringer Target Hourly Rate: 15UNIT
DESCRIPTIONAre you looking for a rewarding and fast paced job
working around kids? Do you like a flexible schedule that allows
you to work while your kids are in school? Join our team working in
Elkhorn Public Schools. We offer a variety of schedules and shifts
lengths working Monday thru Friday between 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
May perform cashiering duties.Great Benefits include:
- Comeptitive compensation
- 401(k) with company Contribution
- Opportunities for advancement
- Free food
- Holiday closures
- No nights or weekends
- Nationwide discount program for merchandise and services
Position SummaryThe Utility Worker is responsible for maintaining
kitchen work areas, equipment and utensils. The general
responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but
Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These
responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business
necessities and client requirements.General Responsibilities:
- Washes dishes by hand or places them in a dishwashing
- Washes work tables, walls, refrigerators and meat blocks.
- Sweeps, mops, cleans and vacuums floors.
- Removes trash and garbage to designated areas.
- Transfers supplies and equipment within and between storage and
work areas such as pantry and dish room.
- Cleans equipment using specific chemicals to ensure sanitary
- Polishes silver.
- May wash pots.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- No related work experience.Skills/Aptitude:
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and
understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers,
vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and
- Ability to use a computer.Physical Requirements:
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.Working
Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside
activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
loud.Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
employer.Benefits EligibilityPart Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we
believe every employee should have the resources to be their best.
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits like paid time
off, financial and savings programs and access to our employee
assistance program and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit
and may not be available to all employees).
Keywords: Sodexo, Omaha , Dishwasher-Utility, Hospitality & Tourism , Elkhorn, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!