Up to $18.00/Hour - Part-Time Cook - 24 Hours/Week, Various Shifts - Immanuel Village
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Overview Immanuel Village is seeking a Part-Time Cook to work 24
hours/week, various shifts, with a starting pay of up to
$18.00/hour. The overall purpose of this job is to ensure
high-quality food is prepared, apportioned, and presented in an
appealing manner to residents. The responsibilities of this job
include all types of food preparation, including yet not limited to
baking, grilling, stove-top and oven cooking; and cleaning the
kitchen. The incumbent assists in any duty needed done in the
kitchen area. Supports and lives out Immanuel's mission and CHRIST
Promises. Responsibilities Key Areas Key Responsibilities and
Duties of the Job Food Preparation
- Prepares nutritious and delicious food for residents.
- Apportions and presents food in an appealing manner.
- Cleans, cuts, and cooks meat, fish, and poultry.
- Bakes breads, rolls, and other pastries.
- Prepares food following recipes and special dietary
- Cleans and inspects galley equipment and appliances.
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas including surfaces, towels,
utensils, and dispensers.
- Maintains safety of work areas.
- Maintains stock in kitchen and food prep areas.
- Assists with food prep as needed.
- Follows all procedures and regulations as written by management
- Carries out heavy cleaning of kitchen areas as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested. Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED is required.
- Culinary Trade or Vocational Schooling is preferred.
- One (1) year of culinary experience is required.
- Equivalent years of education may substitute for experience
requirement. Other Requirements-
- Food Handler certificate is preferred.
- Serve Safe certificate is preferred. KSA- Knowledge Skills and
- Knowledge of the kitchen's ordering process.
- Knowledge of food handlers' regulations and
- Knowledge of sanitation requirements.
- Knowledge of State safety standards.
- Skills in using various kitchen utensils and cooking
- Skills in safely handling food.
- Skills in cooking food to appropriate temperature, consistency,
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to read and write.
- Ability to follow recipes.
Keywords: Immanuel, Omaha , Up to $18.00/Hour - Part-Time Cook - 24 Hours/Week, Various Shifts - Immanuel Village, Hospitality & Tourism , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!