Food Service Shift Supervisor
Company: Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Job Title: Food Service Shift Supervisor Job Code: 880146
Status: Food Service Manager
DEPARTMENT FUNCTION/JOB OVERVIEW
Directs the activities of staff members who are engaged in serving
meals to Madonna residents and patients according to written cycle
menus. Responsible for daily scheduling and training of employees.
Directs "clean-up" activities so that proper sanitation techniques
are observed. Checks diet trays for accuracy before sending to
areas. Plans, coordinates, directs and controls all activities
related to the food production system, off-site locations, and
catering services in the absence of the Food Service Manager. Work
will be performed in an ethical and legal manner following
organizational policies, processes, protocols and procedures .
Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external
customer relations for Madonna as a whole, including upholding the
mission and values for the department and facility.
- Starting pay-rate is up to $19.93hr!
- May be eligible for up to $5.00 more per hour for shift
- Start earning paid time off (vacation/sick pay) on the first
day of employment!
- Excellent and affordable health benefits for you and your
- 401k match!
- Completes trayline pre-service checklist, assesses food quality
and coordinates with production to ensure quality standards are
achieved. Documents food temperatures, food tasting, and food
- Leads monthly departmental inservice.
- Directs food handling, distribution, and sanitation activities
within the guidelines of the Nebraska Food Code and CMS
- Monitors accuracy of select and non-select menus. (PEOPLE)
- Assist Manager with department scheduling and coordination of
daily work assignments for Food Service employees to ensure
- Supervises and directs departmental activity as instructed to
ensure quality of service.
- Monitor and address work performance issues for all assigned
employees and provide feedback to Manager for necessary follow up.
Ensures that all daily functions are completed.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with
coworkers and other facility departments to provide a unified
approach to patient/resident/ customer care.
- Supervises and directs the NE Room meals according to Madonna
guidelines. Performs as meal leader for breakfast, lunch and dinner
as assigned, according to defined process.
- Follows instruction from Director or Manager to perform other
functions as assigned in order to achieve the goals within the
- Manages and mentors staff. Addresses employee conduct and
performance in a timely manner according to Madonna standards.
- Communicates patient special requests to appropriate diet
- Demonstrates leadership through behavior and dialogue with
staff and management team. (THINGS)
- Ensures that cart delivery schedule is met.
- Directs set-up of dining room and trayline for meal
- Assists in scheduling, training, and evaluation of employees as
- Assists in cooking as needed.
- Maintains a safe environment for the department.
- Handles and operates necessary equipment and performs required
duties according to established safety standards to maintain
compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
- Actively supports department and organizational initiatives
through engagement in action plans and observable leadership.
- Attends all mandatory inservice education programs on a yearly
basis according to established departmental guidelines.
- Supervises catering services and satellite meal services,
scheduling, and purchasing of food and supplies in the absence of
the Food Service Manager.
- Attends non-mandatory inservices.
- Assists with ensuring cleanliness of equipment and environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Medium work with frequent lifting. Occasional lift and carry up to
50 pounds. Frequent lift and carry of 25 pounds. Constant walking
with maximum duration of 30 minutes sustained walking on tile,
carpet and other surfaces. Must tolerate frequent standing with
sustained periods of up to 1 hour. Frequent reaching with both arms
at low, waist, and high levels. Requires frequent pushing and
pulling generating up to 40 pounds force to move food carts on
tile, carpet and other surfaces for maximum distance of 1500 feet.
Frequent grasping of both hands requiring normal grip strength
based on national averages. Frequent stooping, bending, and
twisting are required. Constant near visual acuity, ability to
smell and taste, ordinary hearing and speaking skills to
communicate by phone or in person required. Nearly 100% of work is
inside. Frequently hot and humid. Exposure to chemicals, boiling
water, steam, wet floors.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/training and/or Experience)
Two years supervisory experience in quantity food service required.
Will consider two years demonstrated leadership abilities within
Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital Food Services Department in lieu of
two years supervisory experience. Dietetic Technician, Registered
degree preferred. Experience with trayline assembly desirable. Must
possess ability to follow written and oral instructions. Excellent
oral and written communication skills required. Computer skills
required. Current Restricted Manager-- s Food Handler Permit if
required by the county.
Background checks are conducted. When specific authorization forms
are requested so that full background and history can be obtained,
employees/applicants must sign the form(s) requested.
Keywords: Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital, Omaha , Food Service Shift Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!