Customer Service Rep/Sr CSR (WS Claims)-Remote
Company: Mutual of Omaha
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Performs customer service functions and service request
processing to contribute to the retention of Company business.
Supports the customer service process for products administered by
the Companies to ensure quality, efficient and effective customer
service to providers and policyowners. Handles the more routine
inquiries, and elevates more complex issues as appropriate. WHAT
- Provides sound customer service for routine inquiries, and may
assist with more complex and sensitive cases as directed, or as
- Receives, researches, analyzes and handles routine incoming
inquiries utilizing appropriate systems, policies, regulations,
procedures and other reference materials to effectively respond to
and resolve customer issues. Elevates sensitive customer requests
- Places outgoing calls for inquiries on questions where
information is not readily available on systems following
- Remains abreast of Company and industry changes, federal and
state legislation and regulations, as well as changes in internal
processes and procedures.
- May provide service recovery, to include turning
complaint/error situations into an advantage; uses every service
contact as an opportunity to conserve and/or expand the business.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within
the department and the larger organization. You value different
ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in
all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed
- Must be located in United States or Puerto Rico.
- Proficient oral and written communication, decision-making,
analytical and human relations skills, sound and independent
- Demonstrated telephone skills and the ability to provide
quality and thorough customer service
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance in
adherence to department and company attendance expectations
- Ability to work flexible shifts, including overtime
- Basic understanding of computer systems with proficient
- Good interpersonal skills with a focus on customer
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to change
- Detail Oriented
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, including interaction with customers
while simultaneously documenting calls We recognize that people
come with diverse experience and talent beyond just the
requirements of the job. Diversity of experience and skills
combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. If
your experience is relevant to what you see listed, please consider
applying - wed love to hear from you! VALUABLE EXPERIENCE:
- Planning and organizing skills with the ability to set
- Basic product knowledge of assigned area
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- May require government security clearance WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging.
To learn more about our commitment of Diversity, Equity and
Inclusion, please visit our website
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community
and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental,
vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit
our Career Site.
- Regular associates working 40 hours a week can earn up to 15
days of vacation each year
- Regular associates receive 9 paid holidays in 2023
- Regular associates are provided sick leave through the use of
personal time. Associates working 40 hours a week can receive up to
56 hours of personal time in 2023, prorated based on start
- Salary Range: Minimum: $18.00 MidPoint: $19.80 Maximum:
- Pay commensurate with experience.
- Recognized as a certified Great Place to Work . MUTUAL OF
OMAHA: Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual
product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of
stability creates an environment where every associate is
encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique
career path. From day one, youll have the tools to be your best
self at work. Here youll do meaningful work and your talents will
have a positive impact on peoples lives as we help our customers
protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse,
dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become
engaged feel a sense of belonging and contribute to the companys
exceptional future. We are committed to optimizing flexible work.
We support a full range of work approaches: fully remote, hybrid
and in-person. Many of our roles are remote. Employees in remote
roles may occasionally travel to a Mutual of Omaha office or
elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Remote
employees who are assigned a Mutual of Omaha office location can
work on-site on a voluntary basis, subject to local and company
COVID-19 guidelines. Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY
YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER. For inquiries about the
position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-. If
you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are
unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career
center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation,
contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-. We are available
Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24
hours. Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity
/Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status. To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not
accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Mutual of Omaha, Omaha , Customer Service Rep/Sr CSR (WS Claims)-Remote, Hospitality & Tourism , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...