Customer Service Rep - Full Time - Days - Mon-Fri
Company: Methodist Health System
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Why work for Nebraska Methodist Health System?At Nebraska
Methodist Health System, we focus on providing exceptional care to
the communities we serve and people we employ. We call it The
Meaning of Care - a culture that has and will continue to set us
apart. It's helping families grow by making each delivery special,
conveying a difficult diagnosis with a compassionate touch, going
above and beyond for a patient's needs, or giving a high five when
a patient beats a disease or conquers a personal health challenge.
We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits and a great work
environment where all employees are valued! Most importantly, our
employees are part of a team that makes a real difference in the
communities we live and work in.Job Summary:Work Schedule:
Provides timely, accurate and excellent professional telephone and
database customer support throughout the Methodist Health System
main telephone line by routing internal/external calls (transfers,
patient transportation, departments and patient rooms) to correct
destination for all Health Care facilities. Understands the
processes and department practices for the "DIALMD" answering
service and communications for all "emergency" or "alert"
notifications for clinical and disaster/disruption
event.Responsibilities:Essential Job FunctionsOperates a multi-line
phone console while exhibiting exemplary customer service
- Practices patience.
- Actively listens to caller and displays sensitivity and empathy
in a professional and positive manner.
- Effectively interacts with callers.Speaks clearly and processes
incoming calls in a timely manner.
- Routes requests to correct department, individual cell phone,
page or announces overhead.
- Documents in Customer Service Database.Effectively works with
the customer service team staying aware of changes and
communicating through various means in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to foster a cooperative work
environment by working well with others and fully understanding the
diversity of those we work with, displaying a positive attitude at
all timesUses patient tracking system to accurately assign and
dispatch patient escorts.
- Monitors and tracks patient transportation jobs for correct
destination and established schedule.Handles difficult calls in a
positive professional manner.
- Initiates and escalates concerns, problems, situations, and
compliments on calls meeting established criteria to ensure they
are documented and communicated to appropriate staff.
- Follows up to ensure the customers' needs are met, as
appropriate.Utilizes Amtelco Software
- Processes calls and complies with department practices
regarding the physician answering service (DialMD).Assists with the
documentation and input of the DialMD schedule changes associated
with the on-call physician's answering service and other customer
schedules.Accurately and timely responds to Medical emergency
systems that require monitoring such as Medical Emergencies, Codes,
Fire and Medical Gas by contacting appropriate staff through
Amtelco.Responsible for Internal/External Disaster/Disruption
notifications through Amtelco, Mass Notification System and
overhead announcements, for example Weather, Fire, or community
events.Provides clerical support for the Integrated Service
Division by performing data entry, typing, and other duties to
ensure division projects are completed within established
deadlines.Schedule:Monday-Friday 6am-2:30pmJob Description:Job
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (G.E.D.)
- Some college preferred (Communications or similar
- 6 months Telephone Customer Service required.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Communications Call Center
- Must successfully complete Methodist HIPAA on-line course,
Medical Terminology course and Integrated Services New Employee
Orientation, within 6 months of hire.License/Certifications
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook and
- Strong telephone skills for positive interaction with staff and
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Strong ability to listen to caller's detailed information and
accurately route call.
- Accurately spell and effectively type information into a
keyboardPhysical RequirementsWeight Demands
- Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force.Physical Activity
- Not necessary for the position (0%):
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Distinguish colors
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Speaking/talkingJob Hazards
- Not Related:
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses)
(Jobs with Patient contact) Blood or Body Fluid (BBF)
- Equipment/Machinery/Tools - Hand Power Tools
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-Ray, Cat
Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared
and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Rare (1%-33%):
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors,
outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment) About
Methodist: Nebraska Methodist Health System is made up of four
hospitals in Nebraska and southwest Iowa, more than 30 clinic
locations, a nursing and allied health college, and a medical
supply distributorship and central laundry facility. From the day
Methodist Hospital was chartered in 1891, service to our
communities has been a top priority. Financial assistance, health
education, outreach to our diverse communities and populations, and
other community benefit activities have always been central to our
mission.Nebraska Methodist Health System is an Affirmative
Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
any other classification protected by Federal, state or local
Keywords: Methodist Health System, Omaha , Customer Service Rep - Full Time - Days - Mon-Fri, Hospitality & Tourism , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...