Customer Service Specialist
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Job Location: Omaha, NE Role Value Proposition: As a leader in insurance, MetLife never underestimates the significance of the impact made by associates. We are the country's number one underwriter of employer-sponsored programs, insuring over one million automobiles and homes in the US through group plans. We are also the 11th largest provider of personal lines, auto, homeowners and related insurance. How do we do it? The associates, of course! We are actively hiring a Call Center Supervisor - Disability for our Global Customer Solutions (GCS) team! We will provide the following to enhance your success and engagement from day one and throughout your career-- Participation in our comprehensive benefits package which consists of medical, dental & life insurance, retirement plans, paid holidays, vacation time and a variety of programs designed to strengthen and reward your performance. Who is Global Customer Solutions (GCS)? Global Customer Solutions (GCS) is MetLife's Contact Center organization. We provide support of key insurance and protection products within the Americas business. The team covers MetLife products, both for individual and employer groups, including Property & Casualty, Dental, Annuities, Life, Disability, Critical and Long Term Care, and more. The team provides world-class Customer Service and Sales support to customers via phone and email. They are committed to making a difference through every customer experience. Key Responsibilities:
- Supervises day-to-day activities of a small team or work group.
- Motivating, call monitoring, coaching and meeting all the requirements of MetLife's Performance Management Process.
- Must be able to effectively communicate the Customer Experience Group's goals for service and provide feedback, coach, train and mentor in a way that improves performance.
- Leads and works alongside staff for assigned plans; resolves complex problems and eases workloads during peak volume periods.
- Monitors staff quality and productivity and ensures that service levels are maintained.
- The successful candidate will be required to resolve customer and corporate issues using sound business judgment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required. Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Assists in managing people, including making recommendations regarding hiring, firing, promotions, performance and compensation management as well as training and development Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills: Required:
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Minimum of 3+ years of work experience in Call Center/Customer Service environment or similar industry
- 1+ years of leadership experience with demonstrated ability to drive a team and achieve results Preferred:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Accomplished change management leader, able to operate effectively in a metric driven environment.
- Prior Call Center experience is highly preferred.
- Ability to lead and drive a team to achieve results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management/work prioritization skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- High emotional intelligence to include self-awareness and the ability to learn from mistakes Travel Negligible Business Category Customer Service At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers." MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job. Requisition #: 102403
Keywords: MetLife, Omaha , Customer Service Specialist, Hospitality & Tourism , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!