Senior Database Developer (Oracle, PL/SQL, ETL, Shell Scripting)
Company: Data Axle
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Overview: Data Axle provides data, applications, and services
that help organizations make and save money. Our commitment to
accuracy, service and innovation drive customer acquisition,
retention, and product enhancement. We are currently seeking a
Senior Database Developer to design, develop and implement critical
business enterprise applications for marketing systems.
- Play a lead role in developing, deploying and managing our
databases(Oracle, My SQL and Mongo) on Public Clouds.
- Design and develop PL/SQL processes to perform complex ETL
- Develop UNIX and Perl scripts for data auditing and
- Responsible for database builds and change requests.
- Holistically define the overall reference architecture and
manage its overall implementation in the production systems.
- Identify architecture gaps that can improve availability,
performance and security for both productions systems and database
systems and works towards resolving those issues.
- Work closely with Engineering, Architecture, Business and
Operations teams to provide necessary and continuous feedback.
- Automate all the manual steps for the database platform.
- Deliver solutions for access management, availability,
security, replication and patching.
- Troubleshoot application database performance issues.
- Participate in daily huddles (30 min.) to collaborate with
onshore and offshore teams. Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in database development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
Math, or similar.
- Experience using ETL tools (Talend or Ab Initio a plus).
- Experience with relational database programming, processing and
tuning (Oracle, PL/SQL, My SQL, MS SQL Server, SQL, TSQL).
- Familiarity with BI tools (Cognos, Tableau, etc.).
- Experience with Cloud technology (AWS, etc.).
- Agile or Waterfall methodology experience preferred.
- Experience with API integration.
- Advanced software development and scripting skills for use in
automation and interfacing with databases.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycles and
- Knowledge of developing procedures, packages and functions in a
- Knowledge of UNIX, Linux and Service Oriented Architecture
- Ability to multi-task, to work under pressure, and think
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and meet
- Ability to write technical specifications and documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all
levels in the company and with various business contacts outside of
the company in an articulate, professional manner.
- Knowledge of CDP, CRM, MDM and Business Intelligence is a
- Flexible work hours. Affirmative Action/EEO Statement: At Data
Axle, we are committed to attracting, retaining, and engaging
employees from all walks of life. Diversity is an important part of
our values and business operations. We are dedicated to creating an
inclusive environment that promotes professional development for
everyone. As part of that commitment, Data Axle does not
discriminate on the basis of age, color, national origin,
citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion,
creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or
expression, marital status, status with regard to public
assistance, status as a disabled veteran and or Vietnam Era or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. In
addition, Data Axle will provide reasonable accommodation for
otherwise qualified disabled individuals.
Keywords: Data Axle, Omaha , Senior Database Developer (Oracle, PL/SQL, ETL, Shell Scripting), IT / Software / Systems , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!