Wireless Network Engineer
Company: Pierson Wireless Corp.
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Position Title: Wireless Network EngineerDate Posted:
03/04/21Location: Omaha, NE
JOB TITLE: Wireless Network Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Design, Sales, and Engineering
REPORTS TO: Director of Engineering
SUMMARY: A senior member of our technical team, the Network
Engineer is responsible for being a technical leader or subject
matter expert on specific wireless solution products or services
that Pierson Wireless provides for customers. This includes when
applicable knowledge of nationally accepted network standards,
building codes, end-user applications, OEM offerings, related
tools, and implementation practices. Assigned products or services
may include cellular enhancement systems, public safety systems,
802.11 deployments, new communication technologies, and
miscellaneous support telecommunication systems.
This Network Engineer position focuses on the design and
implementation of virtualized and physical infrastructure to
support private LTE and 5G solutions Successful candidates will be
an IT professional with a strong background in the following
- Network Routing and Switching
- Network Security
- VMware datacenter virtualization
- Unix OS platforms
- Relational databasesDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Has a thorough understanding of the end-use application(s), the
products available, the implementation or operation, and the tools
or techniques required to effectively deploy assigned products or
- Identifies and maintains primary technical relationships with
strategic OEM partners.
- Works with Sales, Design, Field Services, and Field Operations
teams to develop solutions for each assigned product or service.
- Develops Pierson Wireless network standards for adopted
solutions to document end-to-end solution architecture, default
design requirements, design templates, required implementation
tools, deployment processes and procedures, and close-out package
- Works with Field Operations to ensure field teams have access
to the appropriate training.
- Offers Tier 2 technical support for product deployments,
performance, general solution troubleshooting or OEM support
- Follows safety policies for safe work.
- Operates the company provided equipment and vehicles in a safe
manner and follows all local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
- Abides by all policies and procedures as identified in the
Pierson Wireless handbook.
- Clocks in and out for activities throughout the day in Pierson
Wireless' project management cloud solution.
- Submits all receipts and expense records.
- Maintains open and accurate communication with other employees.
- Provides support to other team members and staff as needed.
- Works with onsite personnel to improve all aspects of deployed
systems, create documentation, and improve processes.
- Creates and maintains a list of model deployments for various
- Interfaces with Pierson Wireless' customers.
- Ensures systems are designed to the latest and correct
standards as set forth by both Pierson Wireless and its customers.
- Performs other duties as required (i.e. installation,
- Performs other related duties as assigned by
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance - EMPLOYER pays 100% of
- EMPLOYER provided Short term / Long term disability, Life
insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment after 1 year
- 401(k) retirement savings with employer match - eligible at 1
- Meal stipend while traveling
- Paid travel time
- Paid training/certifications
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidaysPosition Requirements
- 5% travel with overnight lodging is to be expected with the
chance for more. The primary days of travel are Monday through
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) in Electrical Engineering or related
field from four-year college or university, or four years of
related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Working knowledge of commercial telecommunications standards
such as 3GPP LTE, Project 25 and IEEE 802.11.
- Fundamental knowledge of emerging IoT technologies such as
LoRa, Zigbee, and NB-IoT
- Working knowledge of Radio Access Networks (RAN), active and
passive distributed antenna systems (DAS), and distributed radio
- Working knowledge of RF Network performance.
- Working knowledge of core network architecture.
- Certificates, Licenses and registrations required:
- Valid driver's license.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Solid interpersonal and analytical skill
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to represent the company to external customers.
- Other skills preferred:
- FCC General Radio Operator's License
- 1+ years of iBwave experience
- 1+ years of WiFi design and optimization
- Fundamental knowledge of 2G and 3G technologies (GSM, CDMA,
WCDMA, and EVDO), their service applications characteristics and
- Working knowledge of service network implementations and
integrations including deployment, access, core, and transport
- Working knowledge of a variety of wireless OEM products
including Corning, Commscope, SOLiD, ADRF, JMA, Nokia, and
- Working knowledge of a variety of Public Safety OEM products
including ADRF, SOLiD, Cobham, Comba, GST, Commscope, Safe-Com, and
- Working knowledge of wireless test equipment including WINd,
Spectrum Analyzers, OTDRs, Fiber Scopes, and PIM Testers.
- Working knowledge of Windows/AD and network storage
- Business Acumen- Understands business implications of
decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates
knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development
activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent
actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of
opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets
challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for
improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents
ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates
persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard
of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops
alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving
situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for
own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Strategic Thinking- Develops strategies to achieve
organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths &
weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external
threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses;
Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to
continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with
others.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally works in high, precarious places
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the
work environment is usually quiet
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 60
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close
visionThe above is intended to describe the general content of and
requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be
construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or
physical requirements..... click apply for full job details
Keywords: Pierson Wireless Corp., Omaha , Wireless Network Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!