Company: Omaha Public Schools
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Job Title: Technology Technician Location: Lewis & Clark, 6901
Burt Street Reports To: Director of IMS Work Schedule/FLSA Status:
261 day 12-month / Non- Exempt Salary Schedule: Salary Grade H06,
Salary Plan 91B Position Purpose: The Secondary Technology
Technician coordinates the deployment, support and repairs of all
technology-related devices and peripherals in a building. In
addition, the Technician serves as the point of contact for
supporting all of the various programs and applications used
on/with those devices. The Technician ensures that students and
staff are able to use technology in an effective and efficient
manner. Essential Performance Responsibilities
- Perform system trouble shooting, general computer maintenance,
- Conduct inventory of software and hardware.
- Maintain and track usage of computer supplies within the
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of building network
and workstations, continual evaluation of new hardware, upgrade
system infrastructure software and maintain a secure computer
- Establish strong standards of professional ethics when relating
to staff, students, parents, administration and the community.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of an Associate's Degree in Computer Networking or
other related technology field required.
- Minimum of three years of work experience in technology
- Networking experience, preferred.
- Experience troubleshooting wireless networks.
- Solid work experience supporting Macintosh OS up to 10.15.
- Experience supporting Windows 10, MS Office, internet browsers,
printer setup, and instructional software.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to track by location numerous computers,
printers, and other hardware.
- Demonstrated experience in MAC and PC maintenance, identify and
troubleshoot network and computer problems.
- Understand and follow software licensing procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, ability to handle multiple
projects with strong attention to detail.
- A valid Nebraska Driver's license and automobile.
- The skills pertinent to positive human relationships and the
ability to work effectively with all staff, students, parents,
administrators, and the community.
- Demonstrated abilities and willingness conducive to a
continuous quest for quality education.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times. Additional
Duties Performs other related tasks as assigned by supervisor and
other central office administrators as designated by the Director
of IMS. Equipment: This position may require the ability to use
basic office equipment such as computers, copiers, scanners, and
fax machine. Must always comply with OPS's guidelines for equipment
use. Travel: Limited travel may be required. Physical and Mental
Demands, Work Hazards:
- Must be able to respond rapidly in emergency situations.
- Must have organization, time management, communication, and
- Work in school building and central office environments.
- Contact with personnel within the district and with customers
- Will be working under the direct supervision of the department
supervisor in order to complete day to day tasks.
- Will be working with a diverse population requiring the ability
to handle all situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Must understand and respond appropriately to customer needs and
maintain a positive attitude with all customers and
- Expected to interact with all internal and external customers
in a friendly, professional manner and provide quick, responsive
customer service. Employee Punctuality and Appearance
- In order for schools to operate effectively, employees are
expected to perform all assigned duties and work all scheduled
hours during each designated workday, unless the employee has
received approved leave.
- Any deviation from assigned hours must have prior approval from
the employee's supervisor or building administrator.
- All employees are required to report to work dressed in a
manner that reflects a positive image of Omaha Public Schools and
is appropriate for their position. Terms of EmploymentThis position
is treated as a full-time non-exempt classified position. The terms
of your employment will be governed by applicable state laws
regulating employment in a Nebraska public school and Board of
Education policies, as those laws and policies may change from time
to time. If your position is represented by a collective bargaining
representative, then your employment will also be governed by a
negotiated agreement between OPS and that collective bargaining
representative. The offer of employment is contingent upon:
- Obtaining and providing verification of all licenses,
certificates, and other requirements for the position (e.g.,
Paraprofessionals obtaining "Highly Qualified status," etc.), as
identified and maintaining all licenses, certificates, and
requirements for your position throughout employment.
- A background check which demonstrates to OPS that background is
acceptable for the position.
- Verification of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work
in the United States.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (if
required for position offered).
- Successful completion of a tuberculosis skin test (if required
for position offered). Omaha public schools does not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), marital status, sexual orientation,
disability, age, genetic information, gender identity, gender
expression, citizenship status, veteran status, political
affiliation or economic status in its programs, activities,
employment, and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other
designated youth groups. The following individual has been
designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination
policies: Director for the Office of Equity and Diversity, 3215
Cuming Street, Omaha, NE 68131. ) The Omaha Public School District
is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in
its services, programs, activities, education and employment for
individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation
in the application process please contact the human resources
department at .
Keywords: Omaha Public Schools, Omaha , Technology Technician, IT / Software / Systems , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!