Posted on: January 16, 2022
Aviture is hiring a Scrum Master. Aviturians understand how
technology can change the world and have the technical skills to
make those visions a reality. Aviturians are always eager to learn,
share, collaborate, grow, and innovate. (We also share a good meme
What is Aviture?
Aviture is a full-service technology consulting firm with expertise
in software solutions for both commercial and government
We believe software doesn't mean anything unless it solves a
problem, so we create technology to enable users, open
possibilities, and create meaningful impact.
"I wanted to create a company that I would have wanted to work at
when I was an engineer." - Mark Griffis, President
We are headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, with remote employees
across the nation: Las Vegas, Washington D.C., Austin, Dallas,
Portland, Green Bay, Kansas City, Madison, Minneapolis, and
Orlando, just to name a few.
What is Aviture's Art of the Possible?
Along with our mission-driven team's deep expertise in a wide range
of development languages, we employ a disciplined agile approach to
define goals upfront, keep organizational value at the forefront,
and set the pace for rapid, iterative innovation that transforms
organizations. We call this the Art of the Possible.
The solutions we've created have:
- Saved lives in the California wildfires and southern U.S.
- Provided security for the 2020 Presidential Inauguration, Super
Bowl, and post-attack Boston Marathon
- Enabled augmented-reality training environments for
- Increased transparency and promoted patient wellness in
hospitals and senior care facilities
- Combined computer vision and robotics to automate dangerous
manual labor tasks
- And much more!
Why You'll Want to Live Aviturian
Aviturians create technology that makes a meaningful difference in
someone's life. We're a team made up of designers, engineers,
developers, and inventors who believe technology's purpose is to
empower users to change the world. Here are the values that guide
- Embody integrity
- Seek ownership
- Stay hungry
- Remain grounded
- Create impact
- Challenge with respect
We've built our culture around creativity, continuous learning, and
our shared values. If that sounds like something you'd like to be a
part of, then join us today!
We're looking for a Scrum Master ready to create positive impact.
In this role, you will---
Serve the Scrum Team by:
- Coaching the team members in self-management and
- Helping the Scrum Team focus on creating high-value increments
that meet their Definition of Done
- Ensuring that all Scrum events take place and are positive,
productive, and kept within the time-box.
- Causing the removal of impediments to the Scrum Team's
Serve the Product Owner by:
- Helping find techniques for effective Product Goal definition
and Product Backlog management
- Helping the Scrum Team understand the need for clear and
concise Product Backlog items
- Helping establish empirical product planning for a complex
- Facilitating stakeholder collaboration as requested or
Serve the organization by:
- Leading, training, and coaching the organization in its Scrum
- Planning and advising Scrum implementations within the
- Helping employees and stakeholders understand and enact an
empirical approach for complex work
- Removing barriers between stakeholders and Scrum Teams
- Bachelor's level degree applied towards software development or
equivalent experience working in software development teams
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Certified Scrum Professional
- Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak
intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide
value to a team/enterprise
- Experience working in product management tools like JIRA, Azure
- Understand fundamentals of software development processes and
- 3+ years of Agile project delivery experience as a Scrum Master
or similar role leading technical teams
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on conflict
- Understands the value of commitments to delivery made by a
- Understands the value of metrics and has the ability to capture
and report on them
- PPO or a High Deductible Health Plan, HSA eligible plan,
Dental, Vision, and Supplemental Life.
- Generous paid time off that starts accruing on day one.
- Hybrid work environment with quarterly Castaway Week events in
the Omaha HQ Office, all expenses paid, from across the country to
participate in team-building, collaboration, and fun events.
- Bi-annual company vacations!!! Previous destinations have
included Napa Valley, Cancun, Cabo San Lucas and Aspen.
- Matching 401k with 100% vesting in six months.
- Pick your preferred workstation! Mac? PC? We'll support you
with the tech you need to do your best work.
- Get paid to go to national and international conferences and
training, so that you can stay up to date with the latest
- Flexible work schedules: Work the times that fits your
schedule, with all meetings required to be scheduled between 9 am
and 3 pm CST.
- Free lunch every Friday and recurring team events for you and
your family to enjoy.
- Incentive and bonus pay.
- Opportunities for connection and growth through peer coaching,
recurring Lightning Talks to share things we're passionate about,
and a bi-weekly company-wide All Hands.
Keywords: Aviture, Omaha , Scrum Master, IT / Software / Systems , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!