Senior Software Systems Engineer
Company: Omaha Public Power District
Posted on: August 6, 2022
ResponsibilitiesOPPDs Enterprise Information Technology team is
looking to add a Sr Software Systems Engineer in support of its
mission of providing reliable, affordable, and environmentally
sensitive energy services. In this position, you will be looked
upon for full stack development of existing systems (integrations
for onsite and cloud) using a variety of technologies.Solutions
- Apply and manage standard practices and techniques to design,
administer and maintain applications.
- Manage solutions following the Software Development
- Create detailed technical specifications and design documents
through discussion with business analysts and clients.
- Anticipate problems and adjust designs to solve them.
- Provide guidance to software system engineers to when
requirements are complex.
- Provide high level and detailed estimates and designs.
- Responsible for taking requirements and breaking them into
deliverable work packages.
- Lead and partner with vendors to ensure delivery if quality
products and services Technology Lifecycle Maintenance:
- Responsible for on-going maintenance of off the shelf and not
off the shelf software applications and integrations.
- Collaborate with vendors and stakeholders to turn delivered
patches into applied updates with appropriate coordination of
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define maintenance needs for
internally built software. Project Delivery:
- As part of a project team, upgrade or implement new systems
(primarily off the shelf).
- Develop system integrations following established application
integration architecture framework and standards.
- Work with Business Analysts and Quality Assurance (QA) to
ensure requirements are deliverable and testable. Problem and
- Provide knowledge transfer to peers, QA and support teams to
ensure open issues are resolved in alignment with design
requirements and OPPD technology standards.
- Engage in or lead research and/or troubleshooting activities on
applications for development or support and outage
- Research and apply solutions to open problems through
application patching or code fix. Project Technical Leadership
- Ensure project team is correctly aligned regarding the
architectural direction, scope, quality, and timelines.
- Communicate all concepts and guidelines successfully to the
- Oversee progress of the team to ensure consistency with the
- Provide technical guidance, mentoring, and coaching to
developers and engineers. QualificationsRequired:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science or related
field, or a combination of education and work experience that
provides the necessary skills to perform the essential job
- Five (5) years of experience in a similar position.
- Experience in installation, configuring, and integrating
- Experience in software development and coding.
- Strong knowledge of multiple development languages.
- Strong knowledge of personal computer software and hardware,
particularly Windows 10, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office
product suite, Active Directory, and Exchange.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills are
required, including the ability to communicate clearly and
professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively with
minimum supervision. Requires exceptional organizational skills,
problem solving skills, and flexibility in changing
- Be a team player with the ability to share knowledge and
develop colleagues for the overall benefit of the team and
- Familiar with tools and platforms such as Jira GIT, Jenkins,
- Familiar with C#, C++, Java, Groovy, PLSQL, PowerShell,
- Familiar with Middleware (ex. Mulesoft, NextAxiom,
- Familiar with Linux or Windows servers. Closing Statement
Salary Grade: S5Minimum: $88,710Maximum: $133,064At Omaha Public
Power District , we're passionate about three things: power, the
people who make it, and the people who rely on it.WE ARE: Where the
Light Starts. OPPD is the 12 th -largest public power utility in
the U.S., serving over 850,000 people across 5,000 square miles and
13 counties.WE'RE COMMITTED TO: Each other and the people we serve.
This commitment drives us. We're dedicated to providing our
communities with affordable, reliable, and environmentally
sensitive energy services today, tomorrow, and well into the
future. OUR JOB: To provide power with a purpose. We have real
impact - on people's lives, on the environment, and on the future
of energy. We're always looking for bright, capable people who want
an opportunity to lead from where you are-wherever you are- and
know that your ideas will be heard. If you want to be a source of
real, positive change for the community and the people who live in
this region, then working for a company acknowledged for caring
about these same things is likely a priority for you as well. Org
Marketing Statement EOE: Protected Veterans/DisabilityHow To
ApplyApply online at www.oppd.com on or before August 4,
2022.Recruiter: Laura Fritson - email@example.com
Keywords: Omaha Public Power District, Omaha , Senior Software Systems Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!