Senior Software Development Engineer
Posted on: October 13, 2019
15655 Senior Software Development Engineer (Open)Position Type:Full
CSG Systems is a dynamic and growing company of experienced
professionals who provide software and services-based solutions
that help clients build commerce by better engaging and transacting
with their customers. CSG enables clients to build new offerings,
to engage customers on those offerings, and to deliver them through
effective and profitable customer transactions. CSG's software
applications include customer management, order management, service
request/trouble management, billing, collections, and e-commerce
applications that work together in a variety of configurations.
CSG Systems' development group designs and develops leading edge
applications. The group is made up of highly motivated individuals
representing some of the best talent in the industry. The group
follows an agile methodology emphasizing teamwork and close
collaboration with business owners. It is committed to continuous
improvement in how software is developed and hires likeminded
individuals that thrive in such an environment.
This position is on the ACSR development team. As a software
engineer you will be working alongside 15 other engineers, testers,
product owner and a scrum master. We are currently focused on
migrating our bread and butter application, Accelerated Customer
Service Representative (ACSR), from C++ / MFC to C# / WinForms. As
part of the migration effort, we are also building a service layer
to help get; our architecture to follow more a N-Tier architecture.
ACSR is currently deployed to approximately 125,000 desktops.
The team follows a scrum based process with the common ceremonies
of Planning, Refinement, Demo, Retro and Daily Standups. This
enables the team to be self-aware and self-guiding with coaching
from the Scrum Master and Product Vision from the Product
Expectations and Responsibilities
- A passion for software development with a strong desire for
- Designs, analyzes, creates, supports and debugs CSGs customer
- Ability to work within a cross functional team to develop
enhancements in a highly iterative fashion. Involves close
collaboration with product owners, developers and testers.
- Develops high impact, widely used applications where end-user
expectations are high as it relates to process flow, effectiveness
- Active participant in all Scrum ceremonies.
- Ability to communicate with product owners, developers,
testers, clients and end-users in a manner that helps continuously
enhance the overall usability of the applications.
- Perform under minimal supervision on complex assignments.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining a team
Required skill sets, knowledge and experience
- Bachelors Degree (Engineering, MIS, or Computer Science) or
equivalent experience required
- 5+ years development experience, preferably working with
Microsoft development tools
- Key skills for this role include: C#, .NET, MS SQL Server, Web
Services, WCF, SOA, NUnit and OO design.
- Beneficial skills include: C++, MFC
- IT knowledge in software development methodologies/processes,
design, implementation and documentation
- Experience with analysis and design
- Experience having designed and developed highly scalable
- Experience in the Cable or Telephony industry is a plus
- Experience in Scrum / Kanban environments.
Keywords: CSG, Omaha , Senior Software Development Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!