Associate General Counsel
Company: Boys Town
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Provides legal support to protect organizational interests,
assets, and properties by managing risk and ensuring compliance
with all applicable laws and regulatory requirements. MAJOR
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES: Manages a wide variety of complex legal
and factual issues.
- Provides specialized legal counsel to management to support and
facilitate strategic objectives; advises internal clients on
litigation matters to mitigate risk and protect the
- Reviews and interprets laws, regulations, and contracts.
- Identifies, prioritizes, and leads legal activities in support
of business objectives.
- Develops and maintains effective business relationships with
management, outside counsel, and government agencies; manages
outside counsel as needed.
- Reviews proposed business plans, policies, and practices to
ensure legal and ethical compliance.
- Defends and manages claims and litigation, including responding
to charges, complaints, and settlement demands; negotiates
- Evaluates employment practices, policies, and processes to
assess and ensure compliance with regulatory obligations.
- Addresses and resolves current and potential disputes.
- Researches, analyzes, and appraises relevant sources of
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of all relevant areas of law.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge in a wide variety of legal areas including
administrative, contractual, statutory, and regulatory.
- Ability to drive strategy and execution on litigation matters
and potential disputes.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with business teams to
- Excellent organizational, legal, analytical, communication,
negotiation, drafting, and legal writing skills.
- Ability to successfully resolve complex legal and compliance
- High sense of urgency and the ability to work independently in
a team environment while handling multiple priorities, meeting
deadlines, and maintaining regulatory compliance.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively, work
diplomatically, and foster proactive business relationships.
- Ability to take depositions, write briefs, and argue
- Evaluate employment practices, policies, and processes to
assess and ensure compliance with regulatory obligations. REQUIRED
- Juris Doctor from an American Bar Association (ABA) accredited
law school required.
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a licensed attorney including
trial litigation required.
- Licensed to practice law in the state of Nebraska or able to
qualify for licensing in Nebraska required. PREFERRED
- C ultivated area of specific expertise in business and
employment law and as in-house counsel preferred.
- Prior in-house counsel experience preferred.
- Employment law expertise preferred.
- Experience working with clients in youth care or healthcare
related fields preferred.
- Experience negotiating government contracts preferred. About
Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for
children and families since 1917. With over a century of service,
our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in
downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child
and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of
Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched
out into the health care and research fields, offering even more
career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our supporters when it comes to achieving Boys
Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to
making the world a better place for children, families, patients,
and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their
families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free
prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance,
parenting resources from our experts and professional development
opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working
at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life. This
advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed
and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or
abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity
employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran
status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the
application process, contact us at 1-.
Keywords: Boys Town, Omaha , Associate General Counsel, Legal , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...