Company: Nebraska Methodist Health System
Posted on: March 28, 2020
- Purpose of Job
- Under direction of the Community Commitment Coordinator, the
Data Assistant provides recurring and non-recurring reports and
analysis for all Methodist Health System (MHS)-related community
benefit reporting, evaluates outcomes related to Community Benefit
(CB) programming, implementation of related CB strategic planning
goals and community-wide collaborative, population health efforts.
Works closely with the leadership team within the CB department and
provides meaningful data and reports to senior hospital leadership
and Board of Directors.
- Job Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development (G.E.D.)
- Associate's Degree in Health Services Administration,
Information Systems, Health Services Research, Biostatistics, or
science or other health related field preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience with standard computer software,
such as Excel, Microsoft Word required.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of data management or healthcare
- Prior experience in community outreach desired.
- Confidence in public speaking in front of group of varying
- Experience in the healthcare industry, specifically in
- Knowledge of healthcare nonprofit regulations, requirements and
standards, such as the wide-ranging concept and importance of
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force.
- Physical Activity
- Not necessary for the position (0%):
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Distinguish colors
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Job Hazards
- Not Related:
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses)
(Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors,
outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat
Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared
and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
- Routinely enters staff hours, activity description, contact
information and other appropriate information into the Community
Benefit Inventory for Social Accountability (CBISA) system.
- Enters and retrieves information contained in computer
databases (CBISA, Microsoft suite, etc.) using a keyboard, mouse,
or trackball to update records, files, reservations, and answer
inquiries from employees and leadership.
- Enters all necessary information regarding CB activities from
MHS staff in a timely manner.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and
protect company assets.
- Uses CBISA, Microsoft and other software applications to create
meaningful infographics from data gathered.
- Contributes data, infographics, metrics and other elements for
story-telling and other publications as requested by the Community
- Prepare and review written documents accurately and
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously while meeting key
deadlines and deliverables, and prioritizing time and
- Develops reports to display trending data.
- Provides ongoing feedback to the Community Commitment
Coordinator on effectiveness of current data tracking systems and
explores potential alternatives to streamline processes.
- Identify, recommend, develop and implement new ways to increase
organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or
- Identifies and elevates key obstacles for intervention that may
- Assists with CB annual reports.
- Understands health system data sources and support data teams
to ensure that data is clean, normalized and accurate.
- Attend department meetings as necessary.
- Essential Functions II
- Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as
mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as
directed by management.
- Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values,
Employee Standards of Behavior and company
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Nebraska Methodist Health System, Omaha , Data Assistant, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!