Supervisor Group Services - Workplace Solutions
Company: Mutual of Omaha
Posted on: September 9, 2020
This position is designed to function as a supervisor to plan,
staff, direct, develop and maintain the efficient operation within
Workplace Solutions (WS). WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Plans, organizes, staffs, leads and controls activities
pertaining to Workplace Solutions (WS) including planning projects
and capital budgets. Responsible for highly visible operational
business processes involving significant financial risk to the
company. Assist in the coordination and monitoring of daily
operational risk activities including quality and quantity of work
and correct minor workflow problems.
- Ensure all daily activities support the Division efforts to
meet or exceed corporate policies, procedures and/or directives.
Ensure all new legislation, mandates and legal requirements are
analyzed and information is disseminated to the appropriate
functional areas for review and implementation. Identify areas of
noncompliance, developing procedures to modify and/or enhance
existing processes and initiate corrective action. Maintain a
current knowledge of operations, claims and new business trends and
a proactive posture in the insurance and service
- Reviews, consults and authorizes decisions related to policy
provisions, regulations and/or claims processing to ensure
appropriate levels of risk within approval authority.
- Evaluate and implement various risk management strategies,
policies, procedures and processes and advocate for
organization-wide efforts when policies/procedures span different
areas to protect policy owners, producers and the company.Embed an
operational risk culture throughout WS to promote transparency and
accountability for inherent risks and controls related to the
- Maintain effective working relationships with Producers, Home
Office, Field, Banks, Vendors, Third Party Administrators and other
key relationships to identify business opportunities and ensure
support and attainment of area and Corporate goals and objectives.
Function within a dynamic and market-driven insurance environment
with complex products and extremely demanding operational
requirements. Ensure attainment of Division and Corporate goals and
objectives to mitigate risk.
- Lead and participate in project activities initiated to enhance
customer satisfaction, corporate profitability, productivity and/or
quality. Research and analyze trends and changes across WS products
based on policy owner feedback, as well as the overall insurance
industry and develop plans to improve operational excellence and
- May participate in the development of products and marketing
strategies by serving on product development teams to establish
strategic direction and develop business plans to ensure product
line growth and profitability objectives.
- Develop, implement, direct and monitor adherence to department
policies that support a comfortable and productive work area as
well as to contribute to repeat sales, whole sale/customer loyalty
and high policy owner persistency.
- Responsible for building and maintaining strong working
relationships with both internal and external customers to maximize
policyholder satisfaction. Develops and maintains effective working
relationships with policyholders, brokers and/or field
- Develops and maintains an engaged and accountable
- Develops and maintains a fair and equitable working
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within
the department and the larger organization. You value different
ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in
all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed
- Effective human relations skills
- Personal computer operation with skills in various software
applications including word processing, spreadsheet, electronic
mail and presentation
- Demonstrated supervisory or leadership experience, preferably
in Contact Center operation
- Insurance background
- Knowledge of product lines
- Sound judgement, communication, planning, organization,
problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Understanding of Corporate policies, philosophies, and
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced dynamic
- Knowledge of business processing functions including insurance
accounting practices, systems technology, and related federal and
- Creativity, adaptability, flexibility and resilience
- Ideal Team Player - Humble, Hungry, Smart
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of
- A organization that feels like a small, close-knit community
and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules
and a healthy amount of time off
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product
customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability
creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to
experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you'll have the tools to be your best self at work.
Here you'll do meaningful work and your talents will have a
positive impact on peoples' lives as we help our customers protect
what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse,
dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become
engaged --- feel a sense of belonging --- and contribute to the
company's exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND
EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact
our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are
unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career
center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation,
contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are
available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply
within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity
/Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency
resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to
Keywords: Mutual of Omaha, Omaha , Supervisor Group Services - Workplace Solutions, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!