In order to apply to this search, you need to log in.
A client of ours, a healthcare organization in the heart of
Omaha, is seeking a results-oriented individual to lead the
organization’s operational initiatives. This position provides
leadership, day-to-day management and oversight of the
organization’s clinical and facilities operations. Assists the
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) with implementation of the
organization’s health care plan, program and facility maintenance
and expansion plans. Provide direct oversight of organizational
development, to ensure effective services are administered and
provided to the target population and surrounding community.
Solicits and reinforces constructive and professional relationships
with organizations, companies, municipalities, etc. with which the
organization partners and/or sub-contracts with, for the provision
of quality health care services. In the absence of the CEO, this
position assumes all fiduciary leadership responsibilities normally
entrusted to the CEO.
• In conjunction with the CEO and management team participates
in the development and implementation of the mission, vision and
values of the organization, including high quality, patient focused
• Assist CEO and management team in new clinical program
development, ensuring participatory decision making and appropriate
design and implementation.
• Responsible for ensuring program and corporate compliance with
primary health care policies and procedures, as well as with those
external regulatory bodies such as HCFA, HIPPA, OSHA, CLIA and
other professional review and standards boards.
• Participates in the development of long-range strategic plans,
governance structure and objectives for practice management.
• Ensure staff compliance with the adopted health care plan as
it relates to the stated objectives (problems/needs) the
organization’s clinical goals and the method of achieving the
• In conjunction with the CEO & CFO, responsible for the
development of the plan of operations and coordinating
corresponding budgets reflecting the volume, revenues, expenses,
staffing and capital needs of the organization.
• Presents, facilitates and leads assigned process improvement
events using methods of culture-appropriate team building, team
energizing, data gathering and analysis, problem solving, and
• Ensures responsible medical supply spending practices helps
develop budgets and assures that tracking and inventory of supplies
and equipment purchases are in compliance with operating
• Analyzes, recommends and supports practices seeking to improve
performance on quality measures to engage in work redesign, changes
in organization systems, policies and procedures, and quality
improvement process within the organization.
• Seeks and evaluates process improvement information,
materials, and methods to match specific organizational needs as
outlined by management, and adapts them to use in the execution of
process improvement events.
• Provides event follow-up to monitor the progress of planned
improvement implementation to assure timely action, appropriate
management support, and achievement of expected benefits. Uses
appropriate measurement, analysis and evaluation methods to
accurately identify and document process improvements.
• Coordinates with related departments and functions to assure
appropriate information flow and understanding of overall process
• Work side by side with executives in developing
transformational strategies in the adoption of process improvement
and guide staff in the implementation and execution of process
improvement tools and methods.
• Assists CEO in oversight of community outreach programs and
may represent organization as a member on community outreach
committees/groups within the community.
• Actively seeks grant opportunities, assisting in preparation,
application submission and ensuring program compliance and
administration occurs once the grant is received.
• Resolves problems related to utilization of facilities,
equipment and supplies for the organization.
• Participates and ensures the development of organizational
guidelines, policies and procedures in accordance with funding
source requirements, as well as State and Federal law.
• Attend seminars, training sessions and in-services, to keep
current with trends and practices in health care administration, as
• Ensures responsible resource practices, helps develop budgets
and assures organization departments are in compliance with
• Participate in staff, management and provider meetings, as
• Perform other job related duties, as may be assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Management or
related is preferred
• 10+ years of relevant experience
• Knowledge of regulatory compliance (i.e. HIPPA, OSHA, CLIA,
• Basic understanding of information technology and ability to
organize, analyze and synthesize complex data from different
• Strong leadership & ability to work well within a team
• Must have excellent process improvement skills and able to
understand clinic functions and department interactions
• Need to have superior interpersonal skills and empathy towards
patients and staff, as well as critical thinking skills, the
ability to handle stressful situations, the capacity to function
independently, have varied clinical experience, and the ability to
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Passion for leading and supervising
• Problem/solution guru
For confidential consideration, please click the APPLY button
below. We understand that confidentiality is extremely important.
Your resume will NOT be forwarded to our client without your
Job Number -- 4812JB